Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 6th May 18, 11:28 PM
    • 4,102Posts
    • 26,244Thanks
    allydowd
    What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 7th May?
    • 6th May 18, 11:28 PM
    What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 7th May? 6th May 18 at 11:28 PM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: 1

Bold Bicycle Bonanza: 93.01 km
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
Page 3
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 9th May 18, 10:13 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 7,455 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Wow 1LL - you sound as though you've had a hectic couple of days! I really hope that it's all good news in the end.

Thanks CCL, I hope so too, its a waiting game for the results now (a week for ds2s bloods and 2-3 weeks for my xray). Feel so sorry for ds2 he's had lots of problems in his little life but he takes it all in his stride bless him.
    . By the time I was done it was after 8pm, and due to my poor planning the kids had convinced me to order takeaway for tea. That has scuppered my nsd and I'm a bit annoyed, but I am still finding my feet with my new way of life so trying to stay a bit kind to myself. (Sorry if that sounds like a cop out)
    Haven't gotten much other stuff done as I've been a bit too busy....
    Originally posted by crazy_cat_lady
    Not a cop out at all, its going to take time to settle into your new life. Being kind to yourself is not a bad thing.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • spudsmum
    • By spudsmum 10th May 18, 12:40 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 1,300 Thanks
    spudsmum
    Hi all!

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Thanks for the words of encouragement DNMS, girlinthegreenscarf and crazycatlady I'm feeling better today. Yes I'm in this for the long haul so I have to expect its not always going to be straightforward. I think because I've had a couple of spendy weeks (needed essential things for the house) and not much left out of weekly budgets thats hit my debt repayments hard and its gone from over paying 60 ish every week to about 10. I do know that things will improve but I find that when I feel a bit down like that I slip into old ways of buying bits and bobs - only a couple of pound here and there buf it makes a huge difference and just compounds the problem even more.

I'm a pessamist by nature but actually you are all right, instead of looking at what I havent achieved, I need to look at what I have achieved - for a start nearly 2k saved this year already - that I would normally have frittered away and not even thought about - that has instead been diverted to debt repayments and savings - I can feel proud of that.

Think I need to go back to basics and start doing my spending diary again as that always makes me think before I spend. Also making time to post on here regularly - I will get there!

So small things today:

Had a NSD!
    went to MIL's this evening and she fed all the kids so not used any of my food
    start mealplan for Friday shop - debating if its worth travelling to new giant Lidl in next town
    sort slug problem as theyre killing my veggies - gone with a beer trap initially so hope theyre getting merrily rat@rsed n leaving my veg alone
    done a few surveys
    planted more peas and beans to hopefully get a secnd crop
    start cleaning up highchairs ready to list on selling site this weekend.

The big news for today is: I've sold my double pram!! I'm really pleased as its a massive beast and takes up so much room. Had a couple of false starts with a timewaster but another lady picked it up as promised today - and she offered me 25 more than the timewaster too so - bonus. Got 125 in the end which I'm pleased with as it was bought for us so didnt cost us anything. That 125 will go in the pot for holiday activities - with half term coming up I'm trying to plan ahead to avoid blowing the budget.

Think thats about it for today - night all x
    Last edited by spudsmum; 10-05-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    Total debts 21050! now 19977 . 1% challenge 812.50/15000 (5.42%) Total money squirrelled away/NOT wasted in 2018 2067.31 frugal budget 2018 2996/3800 Aiming for debt free at 40 - only 27 months to go!
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 10th May 18, 8:37 AM
    • 508 Posts
    • 4,005 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Not a lot to report from me....but I'm keeping the faith

Banking all checked and up to date.
    Currently going through a birthday phase, presents all previously bought in sales, and I have RM stamps to pay for postage......i just hate wrapping the things and parcelling them up so when they should arrive in plenty of time I'm still late with someone's birthday due to my allergy to sellotape and wrapping paper

Need to wait in for paint delivery, took advantage of the Wickes buy one get one free bank holiday paint deal so 1) being a house prisoner I will have to parcel up a birthday present and brave the sellotape and 2) get some housework done which i had planned to do yesterday and avoided 3)must do paperwork.

I can't remember who's suggestion it was but I pinched it. With the last of the detergent bottle I cut it in half and popped in the washing machine. Was surprised how much was in the bottle when cut in half despite having it upside down

Many thanks for the info foxglovesabout the cat food. I have an Aldi in the next town so when I'm next there I will pop in to get some esp as the oldest cat has started on long term meds and trying to disguise it in her normal food is not going too well.
    spudsmum please do not beat itself up. The long haul is the hardest bit and staying on the straight and narrow after can be a challenge. But we're all here to support you.

Those off on their holidays......have a fab time
    Ziggy sending hugs

Right off to get myself sorted and get the cat cleaning done.
    Have a great day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=359.51
    • ziggy2407
    • By ziggy2407 10th May 18, 9:52 AM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 23,345 Thanks
    ziggy2407
    Good Morning All

No sore throat today but still so bunged up and my head is pounding, so no gym for me today. Feeling a little overwhelmed this week (was the anniversary of my dads death on Monday) and tomorrow I'm taking my mum to respite - feeling so guilty that I need the break and just time to be me. Today's plans

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Dying a dress and jacket that I bought a few years ago for a wedding that I'll never wear again the colour it is, hopefully it'll be another outfit for the summer -
    More ironing -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    Swagbucks -
    Out for tea (taking mum, I think I might be compensating for tomorrow, does that make sense to anyone?) -
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL, WinaDinner -
    Read -
    Knit -

Have a great day all.

C x
    It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward. (Old Chinese Proverb)

Make 5 per day in Jan 18: 491.91/155 Make 5 per day in Feb 18: 51.40/140 Make 5 per day in Mar 18: 150.36/155 Make 5 per day in Apr 18: 93.25/3150 Make 5 per day in May 18: 8/155
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 10th May 18, 10:21 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 14,609 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all hugs to those that need it at the moment. Ziggy hope you're feeling better.

My list for today:
    5k run outside for fresh air and exercise - done
    Meals from stores, get something out of freezer for tea
    Make some meatballs with turkey in fridge and freeze
    Triage of fridge
    See if I can find a method to make yogurt in sc without a thermometer, if so put it on overnight
    Check banking
    Do a mock budget for what it would look like post remortgage before we sign up to a deal
    Look at some long term investment options and see if we can put a small amount across a few (we're a bit risk adverse here but feel like we should do something) will see if we can work into budget above
    Try and work out how to reduce our ever growing food budget, bluegh..... every time I go to the shops the prices seem to have gone up or packets got smaller.....

Best get on and not get distracted by lots of diaries on here
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 10th May 18, 6:02 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 7,455 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Hi all,
    Ziggy, you do so much for everyone else, you deserve some downtime.
    Spudsmum, great news on selling the pram

Its been another busy old day here but I'll try to remember the small things
    Ds2 to free breakfast at school
    Called to MR T to collect our prescriptions and got some ys veggies - didn't buy any carp either!
    Home to make a brunch for my dad who is still working on the rental houses, it was a fridge use up kinda brunch which tidied it up nicely
    Checked banking/updated spreadsheets and checked to see if the missing interest had been corrected after dh went into the branch at the weekend and got it sorted.
    Cooked ys sausages for the kids tea with peas, sweetcorn and new potatoes, the 2 spare sausages have been cut up and they'll have them in sandwiches for their lunch tomorrow
    Made families lunches for tomorrow
    Cooked some chicken that I'd had from muscle food, it was in a hot piri piri marinade, was going to have it cold with salad and new potatoes with dh but my dads only just finished working on the house so I've sent him home with it so that he doesn't have to stand there and prepare anything as I know he's shattered. - I will cook a cod bake/peas/corn and jacket potato instead that was on my meal plan for tomorrow. Will also come up with something else for tomorrow night!
    My dad could hear trees been cut nearby, so he wandered down the estate to find the tree surgons van and asked if he could have the chippings, they said yes and I now have lots and lots of chippings on my garden to supress the weeds and about another 15 big ikea style bags to go on tomorrow. I may have missed out on the gym this week but I've certainly had a work out!
    I washed a load on the quick 30 degree wash mid afternoon when I checked the forecast for tomorrow and its due to rain, so dh's shirts and ds1s school tshirts are just about dry on the line now so after typing this I'll fetch them in.

Still to do
    sort meal plan for tomorrow
    Share bath water
    Take medication - typing it here will remind me later!
    Cook mine and dh's tea
    Then put feet up and relax

Have a lovely Thursday evening all.
    Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 10-05-2018 at 8:53 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 10th May 18, 6:37 PM
    • 3,509 Posts
    • 30,038 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Evening everyone

Another busy day at work... but at least it's been productive. I am skint so it helps me to stick with the small things.

I have managed a nsd
    Made dinner with lots of 'nearly fresh' veggies and chicken. Healthy and no takeaway.
    Written a shopping list for groceries, which I will stick to. If I think I'll hit 40 I'll do it online to avoid temptation and save time.
    Looked at wool online and then remembered just how many things I have on the go at the moment

Ziggy - don't feel guilty about needing a break. We all do, and being a carer is one of the hardest jobs of all of them. Enjoy a bit of time to yourself.
    DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid 28,447
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 11th May 18, 7:55 AM
    • 508 Posts
    • 4,005 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Morning everyone

Preparing stuff ready to pop out first thing. Never got the birthday present sent yesterday, so will do first thing.
    Also need to pop to Mr Ms first thing for a few bits. If u dont go early on a Friday it becomes so busy and crowded later on.
    Dishwasher unloaded and started to load back up
    Cat cleaning still to do.
    Need to be in this afternoon, have a new microwave being delivered. Early birthday present from DM as the other one was flashing sparks. Chosen a cheap one from Argos as I only use for jacket potatoes and reheating meals made in the slow cooker.
    Give the house a quick tidy
    Spend no other money only planned spends.
    1LL I hope everything goes okay with DS1 blood tests, it's hard waiting esp if they suspect something. Had tests 2 weeks ago just to confirm that secondaries were disability related and nothing else going on.
    Ziggy I work a lot within inclusion and see a lot of people who have respite and the carers guilt associated with it. But respite isn't a bad thing,and much needed. u do such an amazing job but u do need time for u. Be kind to urself but I know it is hard.

Have a great day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=359.51
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 11th May 18, 7:58 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 14,609 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all thank goodness it's Friday. I love a four day week at the weekend but don't love shuffling 5 already busy days in to 4 at work. My plan today:

DH and I had left overs/ frozen odd portions for lunch
    Dd is having last of a roll from weekend bbq as a sandwich for lunch
    Using blended strawberries that had seen better days to flavour yogurt for small in reusable pouch
    Updated food spends sheet
    Balanced just for points cc
    Need to message a company about a faulty pair of shoes I ordered for DH
    Got a pair of shoes for me for 8 for supermarket last night. Makes my shoe count 2
    Pegged some washing out before work
    Hot drink and water to work
    Smalls have first of an 8 week activity tonight. Have got their kit out now as it'll be a tight turnaround later. All paid for in advance.
    Start a shopping list at some point when I can do my meal plan for next week. Good news is we have lots in so it'll only be a bit of fresh stuff. Was contemplating going to a big l1dl in the next town but mr t have sent me a voucher which is 9 off 60 spend so I think I'll use that first and go to the other one next time. Will see if I have enough to spend voucher this week, if not will limp through until next

Hope you are all ok. Purps.
    • Baileys Babe
    • By Baileys Babe 11th May 18, 8:58 AM
    • 2,242 Posts
    • 10,895 Thanks
    Baileys Babe
    Ziggy I understand why your feeling guilty, but you shouldn't. Your Mum is having respite care to give you a chance to recharge your batteries and to be able to continue with your care responsibilities. By using the respite service you are looking after yourself so you can be the best carer you can be, surely you want to give your Mum your best care. Try and take up any and all respite opportunities that come your way, so they are a regular part of your Mums routine and you can keep refilling your batteries. Sending you hugs & love
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 11th May 18, 11:02 AM
    • 4,102 Posts
    • 26,244 Thanks
    allydowd
    * Work
    * More work
    * Work with a cherry on top

Back in a couple of days.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: 1

Bold Bicycle Bonanza: 93.01 km
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 11th May 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 11,704 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Morning all

Big hugs to ziggy, 1LL, CCL, spudsmum and anyone else who is struggling or having a bit of a time of it at the moment xxx

I'm ok today except that my womb feels like the storming of the Bastille. Pain Killers and gently pottering about is the order of the day.

The mission:
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • Lovely reusable mooncup. Def a wonderful purchase. - done
    • Gym session - done
    • Ring EasyJet to find out why my name is coming up as CarrieX LovesFantaX on the check in page instead of Carrie LovesFanta - done
    • Check in to flights - done
    • Try to find some paper to print boarding passes. Poss buy some. Also need to buy champagne flutes (will nip to BandM)
    • Get OH to check tyres on car - he forgot after I reminded him twice...
    • Put washing away
    • Pop rechargable batteries back in radio - done
    • Charge work 1 hour overtime due to repeated phone calls and having to drop in yesterday
    • Tidy round house as guests tomorrow. - done
    • See about travel ins for hubs
    • Roast veg for roasted veg lasagne - in oven now
    • Prep mascarpone for trifles - done
    • Make lasagne - done
    • Check on garden - salt any slugs. I went on a killing spree Wed night. Must have napalmed at least 20 slugs and snails. - done
    • Knit sock commission. I am using some Drops Delight. It's soft and fun but very loosely wound and splitty. I'm not sure I feel delight. - dammit. Pattern is in US shoe sizes not UK! *frog frog frog*
    Will add any more as I think of it

Have a good one all

clf x
    Last edited by carrielovesfanta; 11-05-2018 at 7:42 PM.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: 10,490.31

SAVINGS: 9433.44
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 11th May 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 11,704 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    * Work
    * More work
    * Work with a cherry on top

Back in a couple of days.

Originally posted by allydowd
    Work with a cherry BRANDY on top

Fixed it
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: 10,490.31

SAVINGS: 9433.44
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 11th May 18, 3:25 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 7,455 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Hello all,
    A productive day again until rain stopped play
    Todays small things
    ys bread for kids breakfasts with scrambled eggs
    both kids went on the free school buses as I wasn't going past their schools today on the way to gym - must get back to the gym next week But no fuel used at least
    Brunch was finishing off yesterday mornings use up concoction! had it with beans today to pad it out
    Checked our fencing as we saw a loose panel yesterday, I was checking for loose ones and my dad was hammering nails in to them as and when I found one, money saving as keeping on top of their upkeep means I won't have to buy replacements in the near future!
    Used to 4 old metal pipes (thing they were from the kids old bed,) anyway used them as stakes to support a raised flower bed that was starting to break.
    Cut back a huge bush that had died off and have planted some other stuff there that had all self seeded from other parts of the garden - continued going round with the free chippings we got yesterday to top up all the flower beds
    Booked an appointment online rather then waste time doing it on the phone
    Switched ds2s alarm off at the socket
    Checked banking and updated spreadsheet
    Got a BNS chopped in the slow cooker now with some HM chicken stock to make a soup, will blitz it later
    Checked what garden paint I had left in the garage (aka shopping from home!), in the spendy years we got lots of different colours and had lots of brightly coloured trelis again our brown bare fences - now years later we can barely see the fences as the garden is full and well grown but the raised beds need repainting to protect them so will use whatever we have rather then buy any more. - we have some blue, purple and a seagrass green and a little cream as well (last two will be used to repaint the summer house/shed thing after we've re-roof felted it) next week hopefully as its roof is leaking.

OO better go and get ds2 from the bus, be back to add more in a bit!
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 11th May 18, 3:34 PM
    • 5,000 Posts
    • 39,429 Thanks
    DawnW
    Afternoon all
    Back from our couple of days away
    Loads to do
    Plans went awry when DD rang first thing and asked me to have the kids while she went to the doctor's... had planned to sort my sales unit this morning and wash the bathroom walls down this afternoon, with DH co-opted to help. So we whizzed round and did a bit of housework before they arrived instead. Both kids have awful colds, and I really don't need to catch one atm as my surgery is due on the 21st (assuming it doesn't get cancelled again) and they won't do it if I have a cold But DD had to go to her doctors appointment, and it would have been a struggle with a 4 year old and a 6 month old (I remember it well )
    Anyway, brown banana eaten for breakfast, house tidy, 2 loads of washing done and dried on line, and I have just managed to get down to my sales unit to restock. Unfortunately had to bring lots of unsold stuff back, so will need to put that away shortly.
    Abandoned the idea of washing the bathroom walls today, as I am too tired now. But I did clean the bath, basin and loo this morning
    Will have some bbq rib things from the freezer for dinner
    Far too many going on here - grumpy about coming back I suspect At least I have got some stuff done even though it wasn't what I had planned. That will teach me to make plans And the baby didn't bawl too much

Coffee, then off to find homes for all this tat antiques and vintage items
    NSDs for May: 3 / 19

• crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 11th May 18, 6:22 PM
    • 3,509 Posts
    • 30,038 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hey all

Friday is my busiest day at work, and I'm really tired tonight. Not much time for anything moneysaving really. I spent 1 on a coffee at work as I was desperate at lunchtime, and I am waiting for my weekly shopping to be delivered tonight between 8-9. Other than that I'm sitting with my feet up, watching tv and doing a bit of crochet.
    DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid 28,447
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 11th May 18, 7:10 PM
    • 5,000 Posts
    • 39,429 Thanks
    DawnW
    Still got to put that stuff away
    But tackled pile of receipts, checked online banking and updated spending diary and spreadsheet after our few days away
    Did a few surveys that had arrived in my email
    Received renewal quote for insurance on one of our vehicles in the post but it is a reasonable quote, a bit less than last year

And had a phone call from the hospital offering me a cancellation slot for my gall bladder surgery on Monday I said yes, now hoping I can keep the grandkids' germs at bay till after then - they won't give me an anaesthetic if my breathing is affected by a cold virus. Fingers crossed!

• ziggy2407
    • By ziggy2407 11th May 18, 7:31 PM
    • 3,085 Posts
    • 23,345 Thanks
    ziggy2407
    Good Evening All

Thanks everyone for all your best wishes and kind thoughts

No idea where this cold has come from but boy do I feel rough, we didn't go out for tea yesterday I did a use up tea from the freezer for mum, DH and DS. Today has been a loooong day, (mum had an accident so we had to stop off), we settled her in her room and she seemed happy, we managed to get home 5 mins before DS arrived home from school, 6 hours in the car has worn me out am hoping brother will fetch her home but not holding my breath as he is busy and has a life. Will have an early night as banging headache and DS has a football tournament all day tomorrow and its an early start

Checked Bank & made PAD
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL, WinaDinner
    Knit

Have a great evening all.

C x
    It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward. (Old Chinese Proverb)

Make 5 per day in Jan 18: 491.91/155 Make 5 per day in Feb 18: 51.40/140 Make 5 per day in Mar 18: 150.36/155 Make 5 per day in Apr 18: 93.25/3150 Make 5 per day in May 18: 8/155
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 12th May 18, 7:30 AM
    • 2,159 Posts
    • 14,609 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all lovely and sunny here and hopeful of a productive day. I will:

Do some more washing and hang out, one load already out. Try and change our bed
    Put the trees that are now growing rapidly where I would like them for now
    Plant the seed potatoes
    Both smalls to dancing
    Get some milk from farm and maybe some eggs too as they have started doing those
    Have steak for tea using something that I bought in the 10 deal at m&s last weekend
    Exercise, hopefully get to gym too if I exercise outside
    Check banking
    Look for surveys
    Tidy round and get ahead for the week
    Go to cheap toilet roll shop, get so,e TR and also see if they have a laundry bag at the same time that's cheap
    Email site about faulty product for DH, need to take a picture

Right, think that's it for now, check back later. Enjoy your weekend Purps.
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 12th May 18, 8:13 AM
    • 5,000 Posts
    • 39,429 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all
    Up at about 5.30 for some reason It was foggy then, but has cleared now
    I have already pegged washing out on line and eaten another brown banana for breakfast Washing consists of my favourite coat, plus a couple of baby items, so not much. Hope coat dries today! It did

Other plans:
    Decide what to have for dinner and get anything needed out of freezer Done, found some steak, so a special treat
    Also get a joint out to defrost for tomorrow A small gammon joint, as I have invited my brother to dinner
    Wash the better of my 2 pairs of tatty slippers in an effort to make them look as though the dog HASN'T been dragging them outside - trying not to have to buy a new pair for hospital Done, they look ok - just got to get them dry now!
    Collect a parcel from the post office - postie left a card the other day while we were away. It must be something from RM surveys, as I am not expecting anything. It was indeed RM surveys stuff - they keep telling me my stint is coming to an end, but keep sending me stuff Still, they sent me stamps and 4 of vouchers todat.
    All food from what we have here Done
    Start a shopping list, though I don't think I need to go today - hoping to bag another NSD No food shopping, but failed miserably on the NSD front - found a dress by Weird Fish in the CS, looked unworn, in my size. Was 10, but I know from my working days when I had to buy decent clothes, that this dress would cost at least 50 to buy in an 'ordinary' shop. Teamed with a Sainsbugs cardigan and flat shoes, that is dressed up for me these days And at least I didn't have to buy slippers - but then I went and spend 12 on plants
    Wash bathroom tiles that I didn't get around to yesterday Done Also did floor, shower screen, mirrors etc
    Water any of the garden pots that need it (probably all of them in the front garden) Not done, will do tomorrow
    Claimed a 5 Amazon voucher from Pinecone surveys
    Dog is pacing round the room with a toy squeaky racoon in his mouth, acting for all the world like a very miniature version of an African hunting dog after a kill - he does make me laugh so much He is soo serious about big dog things, but weighs less than 4kg

More coffee first I think!
    Last edited by DawnW; 12-05-2018 at 7:14 PM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

88Posts Today

1,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin