IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ukpc appeal (help)

I have been building up too sending off my first appeal on Day 26 after receiving my on screen ticket.
However after sending off my appeal I then re-read the document over and noticed that it has been updated and UKPC, DO NOT have access too the DVLA anymore. My appeal has already been sent. I followed all the guidelines so it says I am the keeper and not the driver.
Should I still send an appeal off too POPLA on day 56? Or do you think I should now stop worrying about it?

Will update over the next month if I receive letters.
Feel like an idiot, I was so close too being done with this!:(

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Beeson wrote: »
    I have been building up too sending off my first appeal on Day 26 after receiving my on screen ticket.
    However after sending off my appeal I then re-read the document over and noticed that it has been updated and UKPC, DO NOT have access too the DVLA anymore. My appeal has already been sent. I followed all the guidelines so it says I am the keeper and not the driver.
    Should I still send an appeal off too POPLA on day 56? Or do you think I should now stop worrying about it?

Could you explain what you mean by "updated" ???

It is true that UKPC has been banned by the DVLA and
    we are unsure what date the ban came into force

POPLA is the next step once UKPC provide a code, if they
    don't then you complain to the BPA
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Could you explain what you mean by "updated" ???
    The NEWBIES FAQ thread has been updated very recently to include:
    STOP PRESS APRIL 2018 - UKPC DO NOT HAVE DVLA ACCESS NOW!

SO, WAIT FOR THE NOTICE TO KEEPER FIRST WHICH WILL NEVER ARRIVE AND YOU WILL HEAR NO MORE (SO DO NOT APPEAL A UKPC* TICKET, UNDERSTOOD?)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-parking-control-dvla-suspension-misuse-of-data-a8325941.html

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/ukpc-banned-by-dvla.html

*UK Parking Control Ltd. Not any firm using a similar acronym to UKPC.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    UKPC are fraudsters, read this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-parking-control-dvla-suspension-misuse-of-data-a8325941.html

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

You are not an idiot, you could not have known.

But guess what? You still win at POPLA!

UKPC will either:

- forget to issue a NTK

or

- use the data you gave them, to issue a NTK.

Even if they do manage the second option, a NTK is not a compliant document to establish 'keeper liability' unless the data was supplied by the Secretary of State (i.e. the DVLA). Read Schedule 4 and search it for 'Secretary' and you will see that is true. ONLY keeper data gleaned from the DVLA count under that law (even if you supplied your own data in an appeal).

So, whatever happens, POPLA will not be able to find that any NTK complies with Schedule 4. It will be a lot easier if UKPC just forget to send a NTK altogether. Let us know!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Beeson
    Beeson Posts: 8 Forumite
    I want too start by thanking all of you for the quick responses to this post, you all put my mind at ease very quickly!
    I received my NTK through email on the 9th of May 2018 (So upon time of writing this yesterday).
    At least I believe it is an NTK, I have a POPLA reference number and it is a notice of my failure in the appeal.
    Had a look at the pictures, ridiculously bad.
    Just too confirm that it was on the 56th day I appeal too POPLA after being issued the windowed ticket?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A letter refusing your appeal and supplying a PoPLA code is not a Notice to Keeper.

Have you received any other letter apart from that appeal refusal letter?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just too confirm that it was on the 56th day I appeal too POPLA after being issued the windowed ticket?

not necessarily

you are advised to upload your popla appeal as a pdf choosing OTHER before day 33 after the date on this appeal refusal

they tell you within 28 days but the code works for up to 33 days , so 28 days for safety, from the date of the refusal

this refusal is an appeal refusal , not an NTK , hopefully they wont be issuing an NTK and even if they do it wont be one where they got the keeper data from the DVLA, so no evidence fo the true keeper

UKPC should issue an NTK and an appeal refusal, especially after a windscreen ticket

their current DVLA ban makes it much , much harder for them to comply
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2018 at 5:46PM

No you got it wrong about the 56 days

Read up in the Newbies FAQ thread on the time scales

Make sure you use your popla code within its deadline
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You have not had a NTK. Obviously a rejection letter/email is not a NTK.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Beeson
    Beeson Posts: 8 Forumite
    Thank you all very much!
    Yeah I have only received an appeal refusal with a POPLA code on it, I take it an NTK will come in the post or can it still come by email?
    I imagine it will come from UKPC directly?
    Also, thank you Coupon-mad your Newbie post was a god send when I got the ticket!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback