Nationwide Bank Account Mobile Insurance (Lifestyle Services Group).

Options
Korkyb
Korkyb Posts: 623 Forumite
First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 28 April 2018 at 10:10PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Big thumbs up to Lifestyle Services Group who manage the Mobile Phone Insurance linked to my Nationwide Flex Plus account.

- Daughter dropped her iPhone 6s Plus on Tuesday morning this week - Screen smashed / earpiece buzzing during calls.
- I called LSG Tuesday afternoon.
- Phone posted to LSG Wednesday morning (Special delivery).
- Thursday afternoon: received notification email from LSG saying replacement phone swapped out and despatched.
- Friday 1025: Shiny / non goosed replacement phone delivered.
- Friday 1600: said daughter gets home from school = happy daughter (although she is £57 less well off as she is covering the phone postage & £50 excess).

Less than 48 hour turnaround from me posting the broken phone to receiving the replacement one well impressive.

Very happy with service. I had wondered if the fact the phone was originally purchased second hand from fleabay might be a problem but no issues at all.
Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,005 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've always had good service too - had a similar turnaround this week for my SD's iphone she broke the screen on - damaged phone posted Tuesday, new phone landed this morning. Hoping she transfers the £50 excess back to me soon..
    With two clumsy stepdaughters, it's been good value for me (well for them at least)
  • Curls2208
    Curls2208 Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all. I've just got the Flex Plus account.

Can you confirm if i actually need to do anything? For all the insurances? Eg. register my car details with nationwide etc? Or am I just covered on all of these wonderful things now the account is open? (im not actually at home to open my post and I am doing everything remotely online)
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Curls2208 wrote: »

Can you confirm if i actually need to do anything? For all the insurances? Eg. register my car details with nationwide etc? Or am I just covered on all of these wonderful things now the account is open? (im not actually at home to open my post and I am doing everything remotely online)

From the website:
    No need to register your vehicle

Cover starts when you open your FlexPlus account

and
    No need to register your mobile details

No need to register your phone up front, but it can make things simpler if you do need to make a claim
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Roadside assistance through Nationwide was great. Clutch cable snapped, called N/Wide & they sent local based low loader. I chose where they should take the car, but I imagine if I hadn't picked they may have had some local garages to suggest.

So simple, no registering vehicle. You do have to 'renew' each year, the insurances don't run on for as long as you keep the FlexPlus a/c.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Korkyb
    Korkyb Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 29 April 2018 at 10:56PM
    Options

I hadn't registered any of our phones & as above didn't have any issues.

I think I will get them registered - could be useful as if they get lost / stolen then I might not be able to track down the IMEI number otherwise.

Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

So simple, no registering vehicle. You do have to 'renew' each year, the insurances don't run on for as long as you keep the FlexPlus a/c.

Don’t think that is correct. I have had Flexplus for several years and made my first breakdown claim a few months ago. No issue and I have never ‘renewed’.

A skim through the policy reveals no mention of it either..

Great service incidentally.
    Ethical moneysaver
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You dont have to renew each year as the person is insured not the car
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We've never had to "renew" ours although we do get a new travel insurance document each year it is all automatic though with no need for us to do anything.
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry, misled everyone with my 'renew each year' comment. I'm asked every year if I'm renewing the small optional part of my basic FlexPlus cover.......£4.50 pa to waive the excess on travel cover.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure