IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Land owner changed since PCN of 4 months ago

Options

Comments

• Silversurreal
    Options
    Okay duly noted, But it seems choosing what to write to POPLA seems to vary from a genuine from the heart human approach, without saying me I or myself explaining that I was a genuine customer (without saying I) to a huge plagiarism of multiple paragraphs without personalisation from previous templates. Just hitting them with evidence that I've been on this site basically! Seems these looooooong appeals are better and more effective than trying to defend myself as a genuine shopper but instead pointing out Smarts failures and their mistakes in the charging process , ie poor signage, straight to DWP with no warning and failure to state an amount in grace period just threatening that this was my last chance and next time I'd be straight to DRP without any more rights to appeal! I know Smart are little fish, but this sill causes stress to motorists like me never the less! Julia
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You being a 'genuine shopper' is irrelevant.
    Surely you have gathered that by now.
    You parked. The PPC alleges that you didn't obey the rules. The PPC does not care how much you spent. The PPC want money from you. Full stop.

Are you going to put together a PoPLA appeal or not?
    Your choice.

Some days ago I asked:
    Please can you confirm the date of the appeal rejection letter from Smart?

I suspect that by now you are too late for a PoPLA appeal, but please confirm that date.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    a huge plagiarism of multiple paragraphs without personalisation from previous templates.
    That's what we do here, have done for years, and usually win at POPLA. Tried & tested.

It's not plagiarism because the templates are in the NEWBIES thread on offer to all to use.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Silversurreal
    Options
    The letter was dated 17th April so 28 days is tomorrow and I'm struggling! It all seems soooo complicated!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What, copying four template appeal points all grouped in one post?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Silversurreal
    Options
    Okay well I've made life hard on myself again. I've worked all my points into an appeal, it's now 5am and I'm exhausted, I'm hopng it's not too badly written! I have to get it in today, right or not. Not much time for amendments.

Have just spent a couple of hours downloading Adobe acrobat reader onto my 2 devices, but cannot get it to convert from word to PDF,:( so I'm at a loss to know what to do next! Please reply I have to send it asap! Thanks
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Adobe Acrobat is a pdf reader and will not actually convert Word to pdf - unless you bought the paid for version. What you need is a pdf writer, which, when installed, shows as a printer among (all) your other printers when selecting "Print" in Word. In fact, depending upon the version of Word, you might even already have it. Go to "Print" and select the box marked "select printer" or similar and see what you have their. Otherwise there are some on-line converters available.
  • Silversurreal
    Options
    Oh nooooo, going to have to attempt to send it in words at this rate it has to go today

I see many PDF Converters online but no doubt they all download a load of dodgy software which I don't want! This is becoming such a nightmare r the hours I've put in, and the stress I've been through would have been worth paying £60. But was told Smarr are easy to beat unfortunately the actual task has taken me far more than 6 hours work is there anyone out there that will help me convert to PDF because I think I have the appeal in place easy to beat unfortunately the actual task has taken the far more than 6 hours work or even 20 hours at this rate plus all the perusing and reading I've done please help I'm not being ungrateful thanks in advance
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh nooooo, going to have to attempt to send it in words at this rate it has to go today

I see many PDF Converters online but no doubt they all download a load of dodgy software which I don't want! This is becoming such a nightmare r the hours I've put in, and the stress I've been through would have been worth paying £60. But was told Smarr are easy to beat unfortunately the actual task has taken me far more than 6 hours work is there anyone out there that will help me convert to PDF because I think I have the appeal in place easy to beat unfortunately the actual task has taken the far more than 6 hours work or even 20 hours at this rate plus all the perusing and reading I've done please help I'm not being ungrateful thanks in advance

Use the free online Word to PDF converter at https://smallpdf.com/word-to-pdf
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Or if you have a recent version of word you can save it directly to PDF

Or you cna use LibreOffice and save it to PDF directly from there. Also free.

By denying them this money, you p[ut them closer to going out of business. Its like vaccinatins -= its the herd youre worrying about, not yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure