Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • SoFedUpOfBeingRippedOff
    • By SoFedUpOfBeingRippedOff 19th Apr 18, 10:39 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mortgage Advice (Broker) Fees - Landlord Tax Return
    • #1
    • 19th Apr 18, 10:39 AM
    Mortgage Advice (Broker) Fees - Landlord Tax Return 19th Apr 18 at 10:39 AM
    Hi, I recently remortgaged a BTL property and paid fees to a professional mortgage broker for BTL mortgage advice (ie to help me find the best available mortgage). I understand that these are tax deductible but do they come under "Legal, Management and Professional Fees" or "Costs of Finance" on the property pages of my tax return? Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • SoFedUpOfBeingRippedOff
    • By SoFedUpOfBeingRippedOff 10th May 18, 10:41 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • #2
    • 10th May 18, 10:41 AM
    • #2
    • 10th May 18, 10:41 AM
    Spoke to HMRC who advised to put it under "Loan interest and other financial costs" just in case anyone else is looking for the same answer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,967Posts Today

6,885Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin