IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM-Whittle Square

Options
Hi,

I have read the newbie post and copied the appeal for a 'pcn sent by post' relating to pcm into the appeal box online.

SO if they reject that then i guess i have to appeal again, i just wonder if ido have any grounds for appeal though....

PCN relates to the driver parked outside of a marked bay/on restricted roadway/landscaped /paved areas or causing an obstruction or inconvenience to others.
I would like them to prove that i was causing an obstruction or inconvenience to others

Basically i had parked in what i would describe as a layby, with my back-end of the car parked outside of what i think they are defining as the marked area. but the only markings in evidence would be the 'road gutter'-no lines etc.

I have also taken photos as i believe the signs although visible have print that is too small to be easily read from a car?

Are these concrete grounds to appeal on at the next stage?

Thanks
EMma

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd are International Parking Community Accredited Operator Scheme Members.

This means that there is no credible second level appeal process.

You appeal to PCM will almost certainly be turned down and there is absolutely nothing you could've done differently that would've changed that.

So in summary, when you get the appeal refused letter, it is a case of waiting to see if they ever try court.

You would however be wise to edit your opening post to remove clues to the drivers identity.

Perhaps your fourth paragraph should start something like:
    Basically the driver had parked...
    Please review and adjust the rest of your post similarly.
    There really is no place for the word 'I' when describing events on the day.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2018 at 12:00AM
    Options
    if they reject that then i guess i have to appeal again
    No, you guess wrong, read the third post of the NEWBIES thread.
    Are these concrete grounds to appeal on at the next stage?
    No, nothing is even weak 'grounds' for a typical victim consumer (naively and futilely) trying the kangaroo court of IAS. Same advice as about any IPC firm, there is NO next step expect complaints:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74174305#post74174305

See you later, Emma, when they try a small claim. Don't panic, that's the stage we see 99% won!

DON'T WONDER IF IT'S EASIER TO PAY. NO, IT'S NOT! PEOPLE LIKE THAT FUND THE SCAM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

If you have used your real name in your post edit the that too
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure