Help! Who do I buy off?

Hiya, I’m looking to buy a couple of tickets for an anniversary present in a couple of months.

But where do I buy them from? I’ve seen them for sale on Ticketmaster, and other booking agencies. Bearing in mind I haven’t purchased anything like this pre-internet days, so do I simply choose the seats, and buy, as you would any online purchase? Or is there something I have to look out for?

Mark

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Buy from the official retailer. You don't say what the event is but there is a high likelihood there will be a link on their website to the official retailer.

If it is sold out then move on. Secondary ticket sites are nothing but trouble.
  • Mark1963
    Mark1963 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    But even when I look on the official websit3 from the artist, it sends me to Ticketmaster, so still unsure if they!!!8217;re reputable or not
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Ticket master is safe to buy from
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If the artists official website sends you to Ticketmaster then they are the official sellers.

Ticketmaster generally do official sales and resales.
  • Mark1963
    Mark1963 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks guys, put my mind at rest no end !!!55357;!!!56842;
  • Dutchroll
    Dutchroll Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 3 May 2018 at 7:28PM
    Hi,

Ticketmaster can be ok but just recently I have lost all trust. I tried to purchase 3 tickets at a vast sum of £250 each for Hamilton. There were 4 seats available but the online website would not permit me to purchase 3 seats. It stated that I had to leave 2 seats together so the purchase would not go through. How ridiculous is that. You can then try to speak and order by phone. The number to call 03333219999 states; to buy tickets call 08448440444 which is charged at 7p per minute. This message then clearly tells you that you can only buy online!!! Pity those poor pensioners that do not use the internet, but like the theatre, as they are being discriminated against.

Good luck if you use Ticketmaster. In future I will try whatever I can to avoid this company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure