Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • End98
    • By End98 17th Apr 18, 8:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    End98
    PIP how long after returning the forms do you hear anything?
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:33 PM
    PIP how long after returning the forms do you hear anything? 17th Apr 18 at 8:33 PM
    About 10 weeks ago my PIP form was returned, a letter recieved about a week later to say forms have been recieved by Capita from the DWP.

Is it normal to wait over 2 months to hear something more?

Thankyou to each and every person who responds.
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 17th Apr 18, 9:24 PM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 2,550 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:24 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:24 PM
    About 10 weeks ago my PIP form was returned, a letter recieved about a week later to say forms have been recieved by Capita from the DWP.

Originally posted by End98
    There's no timescales. Some wait weeks, whilst others wait months. Expect a face 2 face assessment as it's rare not to have one.
    • K80 Black
    • By K80 Black 17th Apr 18, 9:44 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    K80 Black
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:44 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:44 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4741436

This rather long thread might be of interest. For me it was 4 months total from applying to recieving an award - your local area might be totally different.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 17th Apr 18, 10:05 PM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 2,550 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:05 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:05 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4741436

This rather long thread might be of interest. For me it was 4 months total from applying to recieving an award - your local area might be totally different.
    Originally posted by K80 Black
    That thread is very old now and a lot of it dates back to 2013 when PIP first came out. Backlogs are a lot less now in most areas and most of that thread isn't really relevant anymore.
    • TOBRUK
    • By TOBRUK 18th Apr 18, 12:49 AM
    • 2,289 Posts
    • 2,754 Thanks
    TOBRUK
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:49 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by End98
    I'm sure you are anxious to hear from them, but they will contact you in time. As they have sent you a letter stating that the form has been received, it is just a waiting game.

My PIP form was sent in by mid June last year and within 3-4 weeks I received a letter saying that an appointment had been made for a face to face assessment for 6th August at my home. Only three weeks after my face to face I received a decision letter. My application was dealt with fairly quickly, but I think timescales vary.
    • w06
    • By w06 18th Apr 18, 2:54 AM
    • 580 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    w06
    • 18th Apr 18, 2:54 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 2:54 AM
    If you're concerned give them a call, early morning likely the least wait.

The waiting time does seem to vary a lot by area and when in the process you're called - I returned my PIP 2 on one of the May bank holiday weeks and had a face to face few weeks later, decision after that took 8 weeks. that was 2016 in the north west.

I found the text updates helpful in letting me know what was going on, and that the process was proceeding as it had to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

942Posts Today

7,044Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin