Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cov2811
    • By cov2811 17th Apr 18, 3:52 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cov2811
    0 WOW
    TUI miss sellinG
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:52 PM
    0 WOW
    TUI miss sellinG 17th Apr 18 at 3:52 PM
    Ive booked a holiday staying at a hotel we have stayed in in the past. Decided to return as the area and hotel suited our needs as traveling with a young adult with special needs. Have since found out hotel is being completely refurbished and being modernised. TUi are denying this is happening told me to cal Holiday change line for information ( have been trying for 10 days)

vacationexpress.com
    tuigroup.compress-releases/2018/2018-01-15-riu-presents-its-new-brand-image
    states it is closing for refurb

I am concerned as no one will inform me of the extent of the refurbishment and when it will be complete, what happens if its not completed when we go, going from 2 to 4 pools tells me its going to be a complete change.
    The hotel had a traditional feel and lots of vegetation which we loved.
    Where do we stand as we have booked this on the grounds it was going to be as advertised. I know some people would be happy with a shiny new looking hotel but when travelling with someone who does not handle change well (Autism) this could have a terrible effect on our holiday and i wish to be prepared. They have told me i can change my hotel at my expense.
Page 1
    • HoofeHearted
    • By HoofeHearted 17th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    HoofeHearted
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    From the press release you mentioned, I cannot see which hotel you are referring to.

I suggest that you contact the actual hotel and ask them directly.
    • cov2811
    • By cov2811 17th Apr 18, 4:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cov2811
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:29 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:29 PM
    Sorry I should have mentioned its the RUI Tequila
    • cov2811
    • By cov2811 17th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cov2811
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    Sorry should have stated its the RUI Tequila

followed in June by the ClubHotel Riu Tequila, in Playa de Carmen.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 17th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    • 11,179 Posts
    • 7,340 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    The hotel website is here https://www.riu.com/en/hotel/mexico/playa-del-carmen/clubhotel-riu-tequila/index.jsp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvLrH89TB2gIVTRobCh2UpQ NLEAAYAyAAEgLWRPD_BwE#hotel-details
    it states - Completely refurbished in spring / summer 2018 (some forward thinking there I think) and no mention of the extent of impact to guests
    there don't appear to be any blackout dates on their website so it looks like it remains open throughout
    I would contact the hotel and ask what the status is currently planned to be around the time of your visit, they may also be able to address the "what's changed/changing)
    You could obviously persevere with TUI and chase them to contact the hotel but you will likely get answers quicker if you go through the 'contact' on the hotels website and select 'Hotel information'
    https://www.riu.com/en/forms/form_contactar.jsp
    Good luck
    • pennylane99
    • By pennylane99 17th Apr 18, 5:51 PM
    • 4,975 Posts
    • 4,898 Thanks
    pennylane99
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:51 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:51 PM
    It's closed from April 2nd to July 8th for refurbishment
    • cov2811
    • By cov2811 18th Apr 18, 10:17 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cov2811
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:17 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:17 AM
    Confirmation relied from RUI that the hotel is closed DUE to reopen June? No date as of yet.

I have made a complaint as they have clearly broken ABTA code of conduct by not providing the information therefore we weren't able to make a informed decision the description is totally incorrect.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

803Posts Today

5,794Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin