Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 17th Apr 18, 3:42 PM
    • 331Posts
    • 121Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Tesco to close its email service - if you still use it act now
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:42 PM
    MSE News: Tesco to close its email service - if you still use it act now 17th Apr 18 at 3:42 PM
    The Tesco.net email address service will be closed down on 27 June - if you've got one of these accounts you'll need to move to an alternative provider...
    Read the full story:
    'Tesco to close its email service - if you still use it act now'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 17th Apr 18, 3:55 PM
    • 11,715 Posts
    • 11,293 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:55 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:55 PM
    Secondly, if you use your Tesco.net email address as a username to log in to websites, you need to change your email address on these sites.
    For example, there are currently around 20,000 email addresses signed up to our MoneySavingExpert's Money Tips email using a Tesco.net account - you can sign-up again with a new email address.
    That's not an example of using an email address to log into a website.
    • AnnePurn
    • By AnnePurn 11th May 18, 10:10 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AnnePurn
    • 11th May 18, 10:10 AM
    • 11th May 18, 10:10 AM
    I understand that I won't be able to access emails in Tesco webmail after 27th June. However, I assumed I could still read emails sent and received which are already in Outlook in my home pc. However, I've just phoned the Tesco helpline and been told that I must archive all emails currently in Outlook or they will be removed after 27th June. How can they access my computer to do this and why must I archive them?
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 11th May 18, 10:22 AM
    • 2,476 Posts
    • 2,129 Thanks
    giraffe69
    • 11th May 18, 10:22 AM
    • 11th May 18, 10:22 AM
    Sounds to me like the Tesco helpline person doesn't understand. If you have downloaded an email to something offline like Outlook or Thunderbird then the email will still be in your store even if Tesco switch off their email service. If you have got the email only in the web interface of Tesco email then it will disappear when you lose access to it on June 27th.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,193Posts Today

8,138Users online

Martin's Twitter