Swapped Meter

Options
owen1978
owen1978 Posts: 162 Forumite
We were on a prepay meter with EDF, then about 3 weeks ago I moved to Scottish Power Prepayment with my plan being to move to the credit meter a few weeks later.

Our credit meter has now been installed and am on their standard tariff.

Have done a search on the Energy Helpline Site and a few other suppliers are coming out cheaper, would/could I jump to another supplier.

Will Scottish Power throw a wobbly due to me just using them to get a credit meter?

:money:

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, if you are on an SVT then you can leave at any time without penalty. Whatever you do, get off Standard tariff-it's the most expensive.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did the same when I changed from Eon to Npower.

Eon was the supplier when I moved in and they swapped the pre-pay to a credit meter and I changed supplier a couple of days later.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    I did the same when I changed from Eon to Npower.

Eon was the supplier when I moved in and they swapped the pre-pay to a credit meter and I changed supplier a couple of days later.

We still do this matelodave. Although we don't charge to swap from a prepayment to a credit meter, customers do need to pass an external credit check. Also, there can't be any unpaid debt left on the prepayment meter and it can't have been fitted on a warrant or as part of a pre-disconnection visit. If none of this applies and the credit check is okay, we'll be happy to change these meters.

Glad we were able to help matelodave.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    owen1978 wrote: »
    We were on a prepay meter with EDF, then about 3 weeks ago I moved to Scottish Power Prepayment with my plan being to move to the credit meter a few weeks later.

Our credit meter has now been installed and am on their standard tariff.

Have done a search on the Energy Helpline Site and a few other suppliers are coming out cheaper, would/could I jump to another supplier.

Will Scottish Power throw a wobbly due to me just using them to get a credit meter?

:money:

Hi owen1978

We would love to help you save money and have you set up on our cheapest tariff. You can call us on 0800 027 0072 to discuss this with one of our adviser's over the phone or set up an account online at https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/account/register.process?execution=e1s1 to compare our current tariffs. - Danielle
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure