Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Persiflage
    • By Persiflage 17th Apr 18, 12:24 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 28Thanks
    Persiflage
    Advice on best secondary/joint account needed!
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:24 PM
    Advice on best secondary/joint account needed! 17th Apr 18 at 12:24 PM
    Afternoon all,

I'm planning on setting up a joint current account with my girlfriend so that we're drawing on a shared resource for family expenses, but I don't want to switch my existing personal account. I need something with full online access, and it'd be nice to be able to get some perks!

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Many thanks,

Jarrad
Page 1
    • firstbuyer
    • By firstbuyer 17th Apr 18, 12:44 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    firstbuyer
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:44 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:44 PM
    I'm looking at getting the Natwest Everyday Reward Bank Acc
    Features
    2 monthly fee
    2% back in Rewards on eligible household bills
    At least 1% back in Rewards at our partner retailers
    Pay at least 1,500 into your account every month

Would have got the Santander 123 but do not have a mortgage with them or huge savings so cashback wasn't working out as good for the fee
    • Persiflage
    • By Persiflage 17th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Persiflage
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    Useful tip, thank you! I could stick 20,000 or so in savings somewhere if it would make a difference. As I'm not switching accounts, I'll have to manually transfer any household bills, but it might be worth it. I mainly want an account where I can have a second cardholder - with a spending limit, if such a thing even exists - and have money flowing through for shopping and whatnot, hopefully earning a little cashback or something along the way.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,987Posts Today

7,219Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin