Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 17th Apr 18, 11:10 AM
    • 8,291Posts
    • 1,964Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Scottish Power and refunds
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:10 AM
    Scottish Power and refunds 17th Apr 18 at 11:10 AM
    I am over 200 in credit with Scottish Power on my dual fuel account
    We are low energy users - paying just 25 per month DD
    When I ask SP for a refund - they tell me that this will increase my DD by 15 per month - to 40 per month !
    Why should they do this - when our credit is still increasing (even during the winter) ?
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 17th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 27,336 Posts
    • 13,378 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    Is that 200 credit after a recent bill - using actual meter readings?
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 17th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 5,043 Posts
    • 30,353 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    SP will give you a refund when you submit meter readings and manage your direct debit.
    Commemorate Celebrate Inspire
    #RAF100 A century of service!
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 17th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    • 8,291 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    They won't give me a refund AND the lower tariff - although we will still only use less than 25 per month !!
  • Scottish Power
    • 23rd Apr 18, 1:45 PM
    • 23rd Apr 18, 1:45 PM
    I am over 200 in credit with Scottish Power on my dual fuel account
    We are low energy users - paying just 25 per month DD
    When I ask SP for a refund - they tell me that this will increase my DD by 15 per month - to 40 per month !
    Why should they do this - when our credit is still increasing (even during the winter) ?
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    Hi 50Twuncle

If you would like to email me I can have a look at this for you and check out your current usage.

If you could possibly email me at Social@scottishpower.com with the following information,
    your MSE handle in the subject heading
    your full address
    your name and telephone number
    and some details of the issues you have encountered
    I can look into this for you.

Kind Regards
    Danielle
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mrajb
    • By mrajb 20th May 18, 12:05 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrajb
    • 20th May 18, 12:05 PM
    1675 in credit!
    • 20th May 18, 12:05 PM
    Hi

I feel your pain - I'm 1675 in credit, have supplied meter readings and seem to be unable to get a refund. My DD has decreased to 1 but I'm leaving the company and don't know what's going to happen if Scottish Power can't call me when they promise to do so; they've made 2 appointments to discuss my complaint and have missed them both.

They've also made changes to details of bills I've paid and restricted access to my online account. I can also no longer see any of the meter readings taken over the years that I have been a Scottish Power customer.

AJB
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,396Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin