Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 16th Apr 18, 8:49 PM
    • 2,791Posts
    • 2,127Thanks
    BOBS
    Paypal
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:49 PM
    Paypal 16th Apr 18 at 8:49 PM
    Seller has messaged me wanting to purchase an item i have listed
    for aution stating their paypal wont link to let them purchase. Should I message my paypal address to complete or just ignore. They have 215 positive feedback.
    Not sure why paypal wouldnt let her bid to purchase etc...
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    • 12,153 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    Are they asking you to end the auction early or has it ended?
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 16th Apr 18, 9:01 PM
    • 15,721 Posts
    • 21,595 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:01 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:01 PM
    Seller has messaged me wanting to purchase an item i have listed
    for aution stating their paypal wont link to let them purchase. Should I message my paypal address to complete or just ignore. They have 215 positive feedback.
    Not sure why paypal wouldnt let her bid to purchase etc...
    Originally posted by BOBS
    Nooooooo!

Ebay will see that as you doing deals out of eBay!! They don't like that!!

Paypal not working might indicate dodgy buyer. Just reply suggesting they phone eBay to get their PayPal linked.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 16th Apr 18, 9:06 PM
    • 2,791 Posts
    • 2,127 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:06 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:06 PM
    Are they asking you to end the auction early or has it ended?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    They are happy to wait to ends and if doesnt sell they will paypal me money.

Nooooooo!

Ebay will see that as you doing deals out of eBay!! They don't like that!!

Paypal not working might indicate dodgy buyer. Just reply suggesting they phone eBay to get their PayPal linked.
    Originally posted by pinkshoes
    Did suggest they contact Ebay.

Sounds odd but then how have they a decent rating.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 12,153 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    They are happy to wait to ends and if doesnt sell they will paypal me money.

Originally posted by BOBS
    If they wait until it ends, they may not win.

No issue until they've won.

If it doesn't sell, you tell them you will relist. Don't take an offer for an item that doesn't sell, that's against the rules and eBay will be harsh on your account.

As per pinkshoes, don't give eBay any reason to think you are trying to complete the sale 'outside' of eBay. Even though you didn't initiate the idea, you will be punished if they think that's where it's heading.

If the auction is still running, I would tell the buyer to bid and good luck with the bidding. Perhaps I may even probe a little deeper into their bidding history and block them if I felt uncomfortable.
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 16th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    • 2,791 Posts
    • 2,127 Thanks
    BOBS
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    thanks all for advice, auction finished with no bids and has been relisted - will just ignore
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,122Posts Today

7,208Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin