Feedback time limit?

Options
I completed a 'collection only' listing 60 days ago, it still hasn't be transaction completed, but the buyer still sometimes gets in contact & cancels arranged closure.
I would prefer to relist and resell, but I don't want to be neg'd. This new rule of e-bay has that changed recently for 90 days now, or was there a prior date for 60 days?

[Buyers must wait 7 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for active PowerSellers who have been registered for at least 12 months. Members must leave Feedback within 60 days of the transaction closing (today, members have up to 90 days).]

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nesty wrote: »
    I completed a 'collection only' listing 60 days ago, it still hasn't be transaction completed, but the buyer still sometimes gets in contact & cancels arranged closure.
    I would prefer to relist and resell, but I don't want to be neg'd. This new rule of e-bay has that changed recently for 90 days now, or was there a prior date for 60 days?

[Buyers must wait 7 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for active PowerSellers who have been registered for at least 12 months. Members must leave Feedback within 60 days of the transaction closing (today, members have up to 90 days).]

Your post makes little sense.

Are you the seller? Did you buyer pay? If not, then you would have [read should have] opened a non paying bidder and closed it giving the buyer a strike. That way no one could leave feedback.

Or perhaps I missed the story completely....
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am the seller and the buyer hasn't paid yet. Though I am trying to keep it amicable, (though there was bad weather after the completed listing). Though wasn't sure if I did open a dispute, then they could leave feedback as it's cash on collection how can I prove I have not received payment, wasn't sure how I stood on that?
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    You sold the item 60 days ago and the buyer hasn't paid?

You should have opened a non paying bidder. I can't recall the time limit but suspect you are way outside of it now. Which means you have paid your fees on an item you weren't paid for.

Check the transaction in your sold items to see if you opened a dispute, it will tell you if a non paying bidder was filed or not. It wasn't just a case of filing it, but closing it without payment too.

If you can't see it on the transaction, check your invoice to see if you got your fees back.
  • Nesty
    Options
    The seller fees have been paid though the item is not high value, but bulky. The problem was shortly after the listing ended we had Siberia UK weather wise. I could then understand the buyer would not want to travel. That went past 30 days fairly easy, so wasn't a chance of getting re credited.
    It's the more the possible neg feedback I could receive. Just gonna wait till after the feedback period has elapsed then relist.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Where did you read feedback can be left for 90 days? Check you aren't reading an old (very old) page on Google. I really can't recall when the feedback period changed but it has to be 10 years? It is 60 days.

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr and type leaving feedback for a seller
    After buying an item, you have 60 days to leave feedback. Go to My eBay > Purchase history, find the item, and select Leave feedback.
  • Nesty
    Options
    Says it on the ebay page below, under new changes. The passage below seems ambiguous, when did today start for 90 days?
    [Members must leave Feedback within 60 days of the transaction closing (today, members have up to 90 days).]

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/feedback-faq.html#What%20changes%20are%20being%20made%20to%20the%20eBay%20Feedback%20system?
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ebay help page says changes are being introduced in May:

Reducing the time a member can leave Feedback from 90 days to 60 days
    Today, less than 5% of all Feedback left is between day 60 and day 90. There are some legitimate reasons to leave Feedback after 60 days, but with electronic payment methods like PayPal and quicker and more reliable options for posting items overseas, transaction times have decreased since the Feedback system was created almost 12 years ago. Further, it is important that members leave Feedback early in order to let
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Ebay help page says changes are being introduced in May:

Reducing the time a member can leave Feedback from 90 days to 60 days
    Today, less than 5% of all Feedback left is between day 60 and day 90. There are some legitimate reasons to leave Feedback after 60 days, but with electronic payment methods like PayPal and quicker and more reliable options for posting items overseas, transaction times have decreased since the Feedback system was created almost 12 years ago. Further, it is important that members leave Feedback early in order to let

I cannot find anywhere on eBay help pages - GOING DIRECT FROM EBAY and NOT google and searching for feedback policy - that show 90 days.

It has been 60 days for as long as I can remember.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Read through that page and you will see it's 10 years old everything refers to Feb/May 2008
    Current feedback limit is 60 days
  • Nesty
    Options
    OK thanks all. I'll just re-list the item as 60 days has past. I am not even sure I can cancel the sale, as the buyer given me the run round for so long. I know there was weather issues, which did delay things, but preferred if they just said they changed their mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure