Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 16th Apr 18, 7:26 PM
    • 73Posts
    • 21Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    Social service possible cutting support hours?
    • 16th Apr 18, 7:26 PM
    Social service possible cutting support hours? 16th Apr 18 at 7:26 PM
    We had somebody from county hall come out to our supported living complex and assess us all individually, they are looking to cut hours. I get 21 hours support a week and my manager said that keeps me well and has prevented me from being sectioned in 18 months when before then it was twice a year for 8 years. The assesser said I can look into the NHS funding some/all my care package. I think this will be a better option for me because I donít have to worry about future cuts from social services. I have a CPA in a few weeks and will bring it up then. Do you have a NHS budget and how does it work.
Page 1
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 16th Apr 18, 9:03 PM
    • 5,301 Posts
    • 7,435 Thanks
    deannatrois
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:03 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:03 PM
    i Hope this link gives you some more information https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/will-the-nhs-pay-for-my-long-term-care.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=681
    • nicetomeetyou
    • By nicetomeetyou 25th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    nicetomeetyou
    • 25th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 25th Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    I didnít get my support hours cut. Still get 21 hours a week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,107Posts Today

7,092Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes you would think in this electronic day and age. They could put digital ticket machines on trains https://t.co/RPo4XXvrwk

• RT @Mattallwright: Martin: supplementary: Does she know which platform the train is on, or is it Paddington with five minutes notice to cov?

• RT @KTMGordo: @MartinSLewis Imagine Jane is hungry and late for an urgent appointment & needs to buy a sandwich but the queue's huge. Is?

• Follow Martin