What are my rights?

Hi
I'm not sure if anyone can help with this? I registered my horse with a vets practice several years ago and in order to do this you have to have your card details on file. I rang to arrange a visit for today a couple of weeks ago, and on Thursday last week (5 days before the visit) the girl in the office rang to tell me how much the visit would be (£239) and could she take the payment then! I said you can take the payment after the visit like they have always done in the past. She ummed and arrred but then agreed to take it on Monday (today). A few moment later my phone buzzed and i had an email informing me that a payment of £239 had been taken off my card! I rang them back and had no apology whatsoever, I am not happy!!! I have cancelled my appointment and told them to refund the money as they had taken it without my authorisation. It is now Monday and the money is still not back in my account!! Is there anything I can do either with my bank or the vets!!! Please help

Comments

• Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    prettypony wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm not sure if anyone can help with this? I registered my horse with a vets practice several years ago and in order to do this you have to have your card details on file. I rang to arrange a visit for today a couple of weeks ago, and on Thursday last week (5 days before the visit) the girl in the office rang to tell me how much the visit would be (£239) and could she take the payment then! I said you can take the payment after the visit like they have always done in the past. She ummed and arrred but then agreed to take it on Monday (today). A few moment later my phone buzzed and i had an email informing me that a payment of £239 had been taken off my card! I rang them back and had no apology whatsoever, I am not happy!!! I have cancelled my appointment and told them to refund the money as they had taken it without my authorisation. It is now Monday and the money is still not back in my account!! Is there anything I can do either with my bank or the vets!!! Please help

If they have processed the refund, it can take a good couple of working days to come back into your account. When I worked in a car dealership it took 3 working days for the money to get back into a customers account.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business