Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • boobbby
    • By boobbby 16th Apr 18, 12:07 AM
    • 768Posts
    • 215Thanks
    boobbby
    Igloo energy
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:07 AM
    Igloo energy 16th Apr 18 at 12:07 AM
    I must congratulate igloo energy on its customer service. The phone is answered almost immediately and emails replied too within hours. Likewise once a month after giving my meter readings I receive my bill within hours. So with a good rate and excellent customer service I would highly recommend this company
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 16th Apr 18, 11:13 AM
    • 6,084 Posts
    • 3,873 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:13 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:13 AM
    I must congratulate igloo energy on its customer service. The phone is answered almost immediately and emails replied too within hours. Likewise once a month after giving my meter readings I receive my bill within hours. So with a good rate and excellent customer service I would highly recommend this company
    Originally posted by boobbby
    Good to hear. That said, rarely do new/small suppliers get it wrong until the message gets out and they start to become popular. As customer numbers increase, owners see increasing profits to offset start up liabilities and fail to recognise/pay for an increase in support staff to support the larger customer base. Problems then arise and complaint numbers increase etc.

Small suppliers may also use all the terms usually associated with an established business; eg; our transfer and billing teams. When GBEnergy went bust owing 25M with upwards of 150k customers, I recall that the supplier had a total of 16 staff members.

My point is that reviews for recent entrants are always welcome and helpful, but it is still a case of caveat emptor in what is a dog eat dog market.
    • Biscuit Tin
    • By Biscuit Tin 16th Apr 18, 12:27 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Biscuit Tin
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:27 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:27 PM
    Perhaps this thread could be merged with the official feedback thread for this supplier that the OP posted in last week ... and previously in Nov 2017?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5687694
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

260Posts Today

2,168Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin