Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Thomas Holding
    • By Thomas Holding 15th Apr 18, 9:10 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Thomas Holding
    Zanussi Electrolux Dishwasher
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:10 PM
    Zanussi Electrolux Dishwasher 15th Apr 18 at 9:10 PM
    I think our dishwasher is about 10 years or more old.
    It's cleaning performance has declined. Some things e.g mugs with hot chocolate don't clean properly.
    I think the problem could be because the tablet is not releasing in time.
    My brother in law who is good with his hands had a look (unlike me) and thinks that that maybe it is not spinning properly, any ideas?
Page 1
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 15th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 4,336 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 9:15 PM
    arms could be clogged - check all the holes in them - in most dishwashers they unscrew so you can flush them/clean them

When was the last time you ran it on a hot cycle with a dishwasher cleaner in it?
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 15th Apr 18, 10:06 PM
    • 2,827 Posts
    • 1,967 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:06 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:06 PM
    If it's not obvious how the arms come off, look in the handbook or on YouTube. Of course check the filters too.
    Last edited by EssexExile; 15-04-2018 at 10:07 PM. Reason: handbook
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 16th Apr 18, 9:01 AM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:01 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:01 AM
    As above, the spinning arms will come off and you'll probably find that the holes - particularly the end ones of course - will be blocked. This means that anything at the edges of the baskets doesn't wash well. Sometimes it's impossible to dislodge whatever's blocking them so you can buy spare arms to replace them.

If the spinners are clean, the tablet release is the next thing to look at. We had an old dishwasher that stopped releasing the tablet or when it did, it only released it near the end of the cycle so we had unclean plates and half a tablet knocking around in the dishwasher. We got two more years' use out of it by just putting the tablet in the bottom of the machine. On the cycle we use, it worked perfectly well.
    • Thomas Holding
    • By Thomas Holding 16th Apr 18, 9:15 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Thomas Holding
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:15 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:15 AM
    If the spinners are clean, the tablet release is the next thing to look at.
    Originally posted by Aylesbury Duck
    I think that is the problem as it seems to be released too late.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 16th Apr 18, 9:18 AM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:18 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:18 AM
    Make sure the tablet compartment is properly clean and that the spring is in place. The spring and/or hinge might need a drop of oil if it's sticking.

Otherwise, try putting the tablet in the bottom of the machine. If that works, great.
    • Thomas Holding
    • By Thomas Holding 16th Apr 18, 9:20 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Thomas Holding
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:20 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:20 AM
    Make sure the tablet compartment is properly clean and that the spring is in place. The spring and/or hinge might need a drop of oil if it's sticking.

Otherwise, try putting the tablet in the bottom of the machine. If that works, great.
    Originally posted by Aylesbury Duck
    Those are brilliant ideas thank you so much
    • Thomas Holding
    • By Thomas Holding 20th Apr 18, 11:52 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Thomas Holding
    • 20th Apr 18, 11:52 AM
    • 20th Apr 18, 11:52 AM
    Update, I washed it with vinegar in it, not much difference, then bleach and now leave the tablet out.
    Result much better washing and more spare time!
    One thing I would add is that if something does not wash after 2 goes, you have to wash by hand as the dishwasher has given up on it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

167Posts Today

1,457Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin