Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 15th Apr 18, 3:59 PM
    • 2,916Posts
    • 19,756Thanks
    JIL
    0 WOW
    Resolved
    • 15th Apr 18, 3:59 PM
    0 WOW
    Resolved 15th Apr 18 at 3:59 PM
    Now resolved...........
    Last edited by JIL; 15-04-2018 at 5:57 PM.
Page 1
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 15th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 497 Posts
    • 866 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    • 15th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 6:44 PM
    Now resolved...........
    Originally posted by JIL
    What is???
    • JIL
    • By JIL 15th Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 19,756 Thanks
    JIL
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    Sorry maybe I deleted too hastily.
    I booked four days in a holiday accommodation via booking.com when booking it said no changes, if I cancelled I would be charged the full amount. I was really looking forward to the holiday.

Two days after booking and payment had left my account I had an email to say that the room had been double booked, wasn't sure how it happened but would I like to go earlier. Work commitments ruled that out. I asked for a refund but had heard nothing. I didn't know what I should do. If I cancelled via the booking site I was informed I would not get a refund.

Anyway today I received an email confirming, good news " the accommodation has accepted your reason for cancellation and will make a full 300 refund"

I had asked if anyone else had experience of booking. Com and any way to contact.
    • martindow
    • By martindow 16th Apr 18, 10:49 AM
    • 7,528 Posts
    • 4,268 Thanks
    martindow
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:49 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:49 AM
    Sorry maybe I deleted too hastily.
    I booked four days in a holiday accommodation via booking.com when booking it said no changes, if I cancelled I would be charged the full amount. I was really looking forward to the holiday.

Two days after booking and payment had left my account I had an email to say that the room had been double booked, wasn't sure how it happened but would I like to go earlier. Work commitments ruled that out. I asked for a refund but had heard nothing. I didn't know what I should do. If I cancelled via the booking site I was informed I would not get a refund.

Anyway today I received an email confirming, good news " the accommodation has accepted your reason for cancellation and will make a full 300 refund"

I had asked if anyone else had experience of booking. Com and any way to contact.
    Originally posted by JIL
    Thanks for putting it back up. There is nothing more annoying than deleted threads that may have been helpful to others in the future!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 16th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 31,461 Posts
    • 19,866 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    You could have kept the original post and just added resolved to the title.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 16th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 2,916 Posts
    • 19,756 Thanks
    JIL
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    You could have kept the original post and just added resolved to the title.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Yes I could have, I had deleted as I didn't want people responding to a question I had resolved.

There's not an instruction manual on how best to do these things. I did what I thought was best at that time, it was only when I saw a post asking "what was" that I gave some further thoughts as to it may have been useful to others and not just me.

I have put the appraised version back up and if anyone is interested today I got a further email from booking, com to say the refund would take between seven and ten days. Considering it took one day to leave my account I am not too thrilled.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

3,203Users online

Martin's Twitter