Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pinkhenry
    • By Pinkhenry 14th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Pinkhenry
    CEL PCN - success, just follow the Sticky
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    CEL PCN - success, just follow the Sticky 14th Apr 18 at 6:18 PM
    Scenario:
    The driver visited a hotel car park for 14 minutes and the RK received the PCN from CEL within the necessary time frame. We assume it is 14 minutes because the PCN says so EVEN though the ANPR picture has no timestamp on it - just a picture of the car arriving and exiting the car park.

Obviously panic set in immediately and the aim is then to read and absorb all the knowledge that is out there on the forums in order to get this overturned as soon as possible. Panic turns to blind panic as even having read the Newbie Threads you can't actually believe your circumstances are the same and of course you are special and surely that initial appeal won't work.

Within several days I had read so much information that I was just overwhelmed.

BUT I did work my way through the list of things to do and firstly appealed to the hotel manager by email. I really didn't have any confidence in this as I had read a review on a well known travel forum of a driver in the same situation in one of their other hotels and the manager response was pretty much - tough mate, take it or leave it. You get 10 minutes to register your car at reception or you get a charge.

However, the manager did respond with a polite reply cancelling the PCN and offering an apology. So email was then sent by the RK to CEL to inform of this. Hopefully we don't hear from them again.

My point is - follow the Sticky points and work your way through the recommendations. I think I got very confused and overwhelmed with information in just wanting the matter closed. This is why I couldn't believe that the first template was relevant to this case and the fear of going to POPLA was just too much.

Anyway, thank you to every one who has contributed to this Board as the knowledge I have gained has been immense and a complete eye opener. The knowledge shared by the experts is so helpful.

Letter to MP on its way as well.
    Last edited by Pinkhenry; 14-04-2018 at 9:17 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Apr 18, 6:40 PM
    • 37,191 Posts
    • 83,905 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:40 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 6:40 PM
    Thanks for letting us know. It can be really frustrating when advice is given and the poster never comes back to tell us how things went.
    Your story is a breath of fresh air, especially as you did everything using the information provided without starting a thread and without asking to have your hand held first.

Well done.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    • 9,969 Posts
    • 9,760 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    Now give them some aggro

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 18,884 Posts
    • 29,691 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    Maybe Coupon-mad should link this thread as an opener to the NEWBIES sticky, aimed at all those who are totally defeatist and tell us they are incapable of using the sticky because it's too complicated, too confusing, too hard. A glowing example of how easy this can be.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,730Posts Today

7,063Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin