IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Someone else's car on my name - TNC

Ok, so I've read the sticky and will send the template asap.
However I've received 2 (!) letter from their "Debt Collector" - P4 Parking, simultaneously. One for my car and one for "god knows who's*. !!!!!!!s are trying to charge me for someone else's ticket using my name and address.
Stupid question - should I send your template just in regards to the correct vehicle or both of them?

It has been also over 28 days from the first letter. Should I still send the appeal in Scotland?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I would follow the advice for Scotland , if the keeper resides in Scotland

DO NOT reveal who was the driver, to anyone

P4 Parking is a private parking company , not a debt collector

DO NOT REPLY to any debt collectors , IGNORE debt collectors, they are powerless
  • BoBM
    BoBM Posts: 3 Newbie
    Yea, I know. I've used quotation marks for Debt Collector
    I was going to reply to TNC using your template, but all I can find advice wise for Scotland is- ignore, since there is no Keeper Liability in Scotland.
  • Redx
    there is a whole Q & A section on Scotland in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, in post #1

so I dont think you will be sending anything to anybody !!

as KEEPER, IGNORE is correct (unless its a lease or hire car)

the template is for England & Wales only !
  • BoBM
    BoBM Posts: 3 Newbie
    Ta!

Sorry, missed the Scotland bit in FAQ's,
    Search function did not work properly.
  • Redx
    agreed , you missed this part
    Q - ''I'm in Scotland/NI, so is the advice different?''

A - IF THE EVENT TOOK PLACE IN SCOTLAND OR NI, WE SUGGEST YOU DO (ALWAYS!) COMPLAIN TO STORE MANAGEMENT IF YOUR PCN IS FROM A RETAIL PARK, BUT DO NOT APPEAL, UNLESS YOUR CAR IS A COMPANY/HIRE/LEASED VEHICLE, IN WHICH CASE, APPEAL AS HIRER/LESSEE (SEE * AT THE FOOT OF THIS POST).

IN SCOTLAND/NI, DO NOT BE ALARMED BY ODD POSTS SUGGESTING YOU SHOULD 'NAME THE DRIVER'...FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THIS IS NOT THE MAJORITY VIEW AND SIMPLY ABANDONS THE DRIVER (USUALLY A FAMILY MEMBER) TO THE PARKING SHARKS, WITH A LESS STRONG DEFENCE. CERTAINLY COMPLAIN TO THE RETAILERS, BUT IGNORE THE PARKING FIRM UNLESS YOU GET A CLAIM. IN SCOTLAND THIS IS EXCEEDINGLY RARE, AND DEFENDABLE BY A KEEPER, WHO CURRENTLY HAS A FAR MORE PROTECTED POSITION IN LAW THAN AN ADMITTED DRIVER.

WHEN IGNORING IN SCOTLAND/NI, KEEP ALL LETTERS. DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY, FOR 5 YEARS.

Q - ''I am getting debt collector letters! They're really scary, the 'fine' has gone up, what do I do?''

A - NOTHING! Unless this is the VERY FIRST letter (England/Wales) in which case, appeal as if it was the 'Notice to Keeper'. DO NOT RING THE DEBT COLLECTOR - DON'T TAKE THE BAIT! See post #4 below, please NO NEW THREADS RE 'IGNORING THE DEBT COLLECTORS' STAGE.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    P4Parking are not a debt collector, as Redx said. TNC are the debt collector.

What happened when you complained to the retailer/landowner, as the NEWBIES thread tells everyone to do?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure