Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • leesk1982
    • By leesk1982 13th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    leesk1982
    Parking notice from NHS Trust
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    Parking notice from NHS Trust 13th Apr 18 at 2:58 PM
    Hi all - just after some info and advice. End of last year, I paid a visit to my local hospital and the visitors car parks were both full with long queues. I was running late and was advised (by a passing member of staff) there was a car park behind the local church which should be safe for me to use. Anyway, I returned to my car to a parking notice and after looking into things decided to ignore. Somebody told me they wouldn't bother to follow up. Anyhow, I received a follow up letter from Car Parking Partnership which I again ignored, and then some 4 months later have now received a letter from Equita demanding 130 (the original fine was 70). No dates or location are included in the letter, and I notice they say 'may' recommend enforcement action if not resolved. There is some blurb in there about Parking Eye vs Beavis (which I don't even understand). I basically just want to know if I can continue ignoring this matter and it will go away, or should I be prepared for further action?? I'm just annoyed that this has happened due to the terrible parking availability at the hospital. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Apr 18, 3:22 PM
    • 36,798 Posts
    • 83,268 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:22 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:22 PM
    The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.

It is not a fine.

Parking Lie are terribly litigious and issue tens of thousands of court papers per year. The good news is that if it gets to Equita, there is usually a reason why it may not go to court, such as something in their contract with the landowner preventing this, or they have made a mistake with the NTK meaning the keeper can't be held liable.

To be on the safe side you should edit your post and only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

All the information you need is in the NEWBIES thread which you are asked to read before posting a thread.
    You should start there in case you get court papers, and also so that you know what to do if you get another PCN.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-04-2018 at 3:26 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,648Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin