Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 12th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rossifumi
    Refund on delayed custom build product
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    Refund on delayed custom build product 12th Apr 18 at 8:59 PM
    Hi

I ordered a customised iMac from an iStore ( not Apple store) and was given a delivery time of 14-21 days which will now be exceeded by at least 5 days. I have asked for cancellation and a refund, but been refused on the grounds of it being a custom build product. What are my rights?
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 12th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 15,956 Posts
    • 11,990 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    What did the terms and conditions say
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    • 31,451 Posts
    • 19,859 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    Hi

I ordered a customised iMac from an iStore ( not Apple store) and was given a delivery time of 14-21 days which will now be exceeded by at least 5 days. I have asked for cancellation and a refund, but been refused on the grounds of it being a custom build product. What are my rights?
    Originally posted by Rossifumi
    As asked in the other thread is it this website Rossi ?

https://www.albion.co.uk
    Last edited by DCFC79; 13-04-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • bris
    • By bris 13th Apr 18, 12:20 AM
    • 7,527 Posts
    • 6,540 Thanks
    bris
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:20 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 12:20 AM
    Unless the time frame is a guarenteed part of the contract they have 30 days to fulfil the contract before you can start making waves.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 13th Apr 18, 8:28 AM
    • 4,259 Posts
    • 4,303 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:28 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 8:28 AM
    a delivery time of 14-21 days
    And there was likely a caveat there that this was an estimate and not a guarantee.

Unless it was written into the contract that delivery was a maximum of 21 days then please see bris' post above.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 13th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rossifumi
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    No other terms than “please allow 14-21 working days for delivery”. Says no returns on custom builds, but the product has actually not been built yet and they broke the contract by not being able to keep within 21 working days. Also, I understand law applies to no refunds on personalised products (e.g. name engraved on product) but not custom build. This was an in store purchase.
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 13th Apr 18, 10:35 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rossifumi
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:35 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:35 AM
    Yes, this business but in store rather than online.
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 13th Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rossifumi
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:38 AM
    Albion.co.uk. iStore
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 13th Apr 18, 1:40 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rossifumi
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:40 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:40 PM
    By DCFC79
    12th Apr 18, 9:43 PM

What's this?
    DCFC79
    View public profile
    Find more posts
    View all thanked posts
    Add to contacts

Hi

”As asked in the other thread is it this website Rossi ?

It is the same business, iStore, but an in store purchase rather than from website.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 13th Apr 18, 5:14 PM
    • 12,155 Posts
    • 9,524 Thanks
    unholyangel
    Yes, this business but in store rather than online.
    Okay so you purchased face to face in store?

What terms were you given when you entered into the contract? When were you told 14-21 working days? When did you enter the contract? When was it supposed to be delivered and when is it going to be delivered?

As you purchased in store, only certain things would give you the right to cancel. Not meeting delivery can be one but it really depends on what exactly was agreed and when.

Have you possibly changed your mind? I mean, I'm assuming if you agreed to 14-21 working days that the timeframe is to be expected, you won't be able to source another more quickly than the delivery of this one (even delayed) will take. So wondering why you now want to cancel with just an extra 5 days.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Apr 18, 5:21 PM
    • 31,451 Posts
    • 19,859 Thanks
    DCFC79
    By DCFC79
    12th Apr 18, 9:43 PM

What's this?
    DCFC79
    View public profile
    Find more posts
    View all thanked posts
    Add to contacts
    !!!8220;
    Hi

!!!8221;As asked in the other thread is it this website Rossi ?

It is the same business, iStore, but an in store purchase rather than from website.
    What on earth did you do there ?

Use the quote button to quote.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 13th Apr 18, 5:45 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rossifumi
    DCFC79, no need to be nasty about my reply. Is this your business by any chance?

unholy angel, no I did not change my mind re the product, the customer service is the problem. Initial ETA was 02/05/2018 and I had to contact the store 3 times via email and twice by phone to even get this date ( much longer than 21 days) out of them. I can source the product to be delivered at home within 9 days. Only when I complained did they expedite to 5 days post the standard 21 days and I still do not have an explanation as to what went wrong. I lost my trust in this retailer.
    • bris
    • By bris 13th Apr 18, 6:01 PM
    • 7,527 Posts
    • 6,540 Thanks
    bris
    Lost trust or not, the contract can't be as easily cancelled. There are certain steps you need to take, a time is of the essence letter being the main one. Usually 7 days, so it's not as easy as just saying cancel the order.

Here I found this for you, you can even download the template, just change it to suit your product.
    https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-to-make-time-of-the-essence-on-a-pushchair

Oh and don't forget they have 30 days to complete the order before you can use it.
    Last edited by bris; 13-04-2018 at 6:04 PM.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    • 31,451 Posts
    • 19,859 Thanks
    DCFC79
    DCFC79, no need to be nasty about my reply. Is this your business by any chance?
    Re read my quote, I asked what on earth happened with the post that I quoted. It looks like you copied my first reply (no idea why) and I was just advising you to use the quote button, if you feel I was nasty then report me.
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 13th Apr 18, 6:13 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rossifumi
    Sorry, for some reason my quote button is not working on the iPhone X.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 13th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 6,491 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    What date did you actually order it? You said the original delivery date is for 02/05/2018, how soon after placing the order did they provide you with this date? Are they still promising it for that date?
    • Rossifumi
    • By Rossifumi 13th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rossifumi
    The order was placed on 25/03/2018. They were supposed to contact me with an ETA within 2 weeks, but I had to chase them up as mentioned above to even get that which was 02/05/2018. After complaining about this being much longer than 21 working days, they expedited to 20/04/2018.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 13th Apr 18, 6:56 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 6,491 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    So they have now brought it to within the 21 working days that you said they initially promised so there is no problem
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 13th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    • 4,259 Posts
    • 4,303 Thanks
    DoaM
    14-21 working days
    Originally posted by unholyangel
    21 working days
    Originally posted by Fosterdog
    Where has working days come from? That's not what OP said ...

Hi

I ordered a customised iMac from an iStore ( not Apple store) and was given a delivery time of 14-21 days
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 13th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 3,479 Posts
    • 9,586 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Where has working days come from? That's not what OP said ...
    Originally posted by DoaM
    See OPs further post - #6. That says working days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

452Posts Today

5,079Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Follow Martin