Refund on delayed custom build product

Hi

I ordered a customised iMac from an iStore ( not Apple store) and was given a delivery time of 14-21 days which will now be exceeded by at least 5 days. I have asked for cancellation and a refund, but been refused on the grounds of it being a custom build product. What are my rights?

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What did the terms and conditions say
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 10:49AM
    Rossifumi wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered a customised iMac from an iStore ( not Apple store) and was given a delivery time of 14-21 days which will now be exceeded by at least 5 days. I have asked for cancellation and a refund, but been refused on the grounds of it being a custom build product. What are my rights?

As asked in the other thread is it this website Rossi ?

https://www.albion.co.uk
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Unless the time frame is a guarenteed part of the contract they have 30 days to fulfil the contract before you can start making waves.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    a delivery time of 14-21 days

And there was likely a caveat there that this was an estimate and not a guarantee.

Unless it was written into the contract that delivery was a maximum of 21 days then please see bris' post above.
  • Rossifumi
    Rossifumi Posts: 11 Forumite
    No other terms than “please allow 14-21 working days for delivery”. Says no returns on custom builds, but the product has actually not been built yet and they broke the contract by not being able to keep within 21 working days. Also, I understand law applies to no refunds on personalised products (e.g. name engraved on product) but not custom build. This was an in store purchase.
  • Rossifumi
    Yes, this business but in store rather than online.
  • Rossifumi
    Albion.co.uk. iStore
  • Rossifumi
    By DCFC79
    12th Apr 18, 9:43 PM

What's this?
    DCFC79
    View public profile
    Find more posts
    View all thanked posts
    Add to contacts

Hi

Originally posted by Rossifumi
    ”As asked in the other thread is it this website Rossi ?

It is the same business, iStore, but an in store purchase rather than from website.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, this business but in store rather than online.

Okay so you purchased face to face in store?

What terms were you given when you entered into the contract? When were you told 14-21 working days? When did you enter the contract? When was it supposed to be delivered and when is it going to be delivered?

As you purchased in store, only certain things would give you the right to cancel. Not meeting delivery can be one but it really depends on what exactly was agreed and when.

Have you possibly changed your mind? I mean, I'm assuming if you agreed to 14-21 working days that the timeframe is to be expected, you won't be able to source another more quickly than the delivery of this one (even delayed) will take. So wondering why you now want to cancel with just an extra 5 days.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    By DCFC79
    12th Apr 18, 9:43 PM

What's this?
    DCFC79
    View public profile
    Find more posts
    View all thanked posts
    Add to contacts
    !!!8220;
    Hi

Originally posted by Rossifumi
    !!!8221;As asked in the other thread is it this website Rossi ?

It is the same business, iStore, but an in store purchase rather than from website.

What on earth did you do there ?

Use the quote button to quote.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family