IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dropped a clanger, just pay?

Options
Parked at a retail store and brought a ticket, on return found the ticket had blown onto the floor when the doors where closed. Have my valid ticket albeit wet and disheveled and stub as evidence.

Long story short received a PCN from Napier and sent in the appeal, but stated (before reading the advice) driver. Appeal dismissed, surprise, surprise.

What I would like to do is email the Store concerned, is that best to email the CEO, to register disappointment? Is there some kind of template?

Also, having read about appealing to IAS and being a waste of time, so just pay, forget and never use the store again?

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No template. Just message them.
    KNowing the store would help

Dont use the IAs. You will lose.
    You could ignore but Napier do give court a try - theyre pretty inept, from memory
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Pay them nothing, they are trying to scam you. Fluttering ticket claims rarely succeed in court.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • oo03sjw
    oo03sjw Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info so far.

The store was Beales in Peterborough.

I am concerned with the fact of admitting who was driving and what possible impact?

I will keep reading. And will lobby the MP as well.

Thanks so far...
  • Toppo1960
    Toppo1960 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 12 April 2018 at 7:09PM
    Options
    My wife parked on a CM Services managed car park, paid her fee for the day, popped her VALID ticket on the dashboard at 08.53 on 31/7/17 and came back to a PCN stuck on her windscreen stating NO VALID TICKET DISPLAYED. We duly appealed, and sadly an email reply went into my junk mail on 21/08/17 saying their notice stood. We had no other communication, and on 9/4/18 we had a ZZPS letter demanding £160, or they would process it through their solicitors and commence court action. she then panicked and was going to pay up. So far we have decided to stick it out and see what happens.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    or they would process it through their solicitors and commence court action

Very odd in that ZZPS are not the "debtor" so can't do anything. Would take the letter to Trading Standards as it would appear they are misleading people.

Alternatively if they are instructing solicitors there may be criminal charges against ZZPS for conducting services reserved for the legal profession - again something for Trading Standards.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Toppo1960 wrote: »
    My wife parked on a CM Services managed car park, paid her fee for the day, popped her VALID ticket on the dashboard at 08.53 on 31/7/17 and came back to a PCN stuck on her windscreen stating NO VALID TICKET DISPLAYED.

We duly appealed, and sadly an email reply went into my junk mail on 21/08/17 saying their notice stood. We had no other communication, and on 9/4/18 we had a ZZPS letter demanding £160, or they would process it through their solicitors and commence court action. she then panicked and was going to pay up. So far we have decided to stick it out and see what happens.

Why is this randomly posted on someone else's thread about NAPIER? DO NOT REPLY HERE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Another one who cannot follow simple instructions.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    oo03sjw wrote: »
    Thanks for the info so far.

The store was Beales in Peterborough.

I am concerned with the fact of admitting who was driving and what possible impact?

I will keep reading. And will lobby the MP as well.

Thanks so far...

Do not reveal the driver's identity when complaining or appealing. There are plenty of ways of doing this. We visited, the keeper was an occupant, the driver of my car visited ... etcetera.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    A bit late as OP admitted to being the driver in their first communication.

It's good advice for the future though.
  • oo03sjw
    oo03sjw Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2018 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Reply from Beales - not unexpected - think we are just going to pay and forget about it. :(

Edit - forgot to add the reply d'oh-
    Thank you for your e-mail, which I have brought to our CEO!!!8217;s attention. Mr Brown has asked me to reply to your e-mail on his behalf. Although, we appreciate your frustration, the car park adjacent to Beales of Peterborough is a private property and is not connected to Beales. I would recommend that you follow the complaints procedure of Napier Parking, who manage and operate the car park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure