Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blakeboro
    • By blakeboro 11th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    blakeboro
    Trust fund and Inheritance
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    Trust fund and Inheritance 11th Apr 18 at 4:17 PM
    Hello All

I'm looking for a little advice or even pointing in the right direction to get the advice I need

My ex-wife and mother to my three children died 7 years ago and left in total around 110k which since my ex BIL was a financial chap we mostly loaded into a trust fund, and investments etc . we nibbled away over the years for the kids and they're now all over 21 and myself and the other trustees would like to distribute the fund to the kids so they don't have to come cap in hand to us for it every time they need

My thoughts are divvy up 3 ways and put a substantial sum (30k? each) into a high earning account (with an access scenario of say 30days) for them respectively and give them
    the cash of the other 5k or so.

I have never done anything remotely like this and would like some assistance in where to turn

Your collective assistance is most welcome

Many Thanks
    Mark and The Family
Page 1
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 11th Apr 18, 4:26 PM
    • 36,144 Posts
    • 46,598 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:26 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:26 PM
    Nibbled away at for what?
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • blakeboro
    • By blakeboro 11th Apr 18, 6:13 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blakeboro
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:13 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:13 PM
    Not sure it makes a difference bit suffice to say for things for the kids. Living expenses at college etc. Car purchase for one of them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,065Posts Today

8,203Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks so much to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night. The ratings are in at 2.4m and 12% share, lower tha? https://t.co/Jj62j1fV5F

• RT @stomp_3k: Oh @MartinSLewis would be proud proud of me went sim free on my mobile contract renewal and bought my handset outright saving?

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Wales Govt steps up to help ?severely mentally impaired? access crucial council tax discount after MSE campaign - BUT M?

• Follow Martin