Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gabriel123
    • By Gabriel123 11th Apr 18, 12:45 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gabriel123
    Burton card PPI - query
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:45 PM
    Burton card PPI - query 11th Apr 18 at 12:45 PM
    I have applied to reclaim my PPI through Resolver to get some money back from Santander for my Burton card from 20 years ago. I still have all the card statements. I found a bit strange that they asked me a lot of questions about savings accounts, employment status then, etc… when I applied with Halifax and Barclays they didn’t ask me such questions. I remember that in the shop when I applied for the card I wasn’t asked any questions regarding employment and savings account, they only told me that my application might be declined if I don’t take that insurance. Anybody had similar experiences?
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    • 92,967 Posts
    • 60,347 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    I found a bit strange that they asked me a lot of questions about savings accounts, employment status then, etc
    You would expect to be asked those if you have not supplied that information in the first place. (Resolver does not always supply the full information to each firm)

They are all pertinent questions.

when I applied with Halifax and Barclays they didn!!!8217;t ask me such questions.
    If the firm can see a failure from the info you have supplied or their own info then there is nothing to be gained from asking you more questions. They go straight to redress at that point. If a firm cannot see any failure in the info you supplied so far or their info, they are required to find out more about the whole scenario in case there is an issue there. If not, they can reject the complaint.

Anybody had similar experiences?
    Plenty. It all sounds pretty routine for a complaint that doesnt seem to have any failing identified on the initial information supplied.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Gabriel123
    • By Gabriel123 19th Apr 18, 9:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gabriel123
    • 19th Apr 18, 9:23 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 9:23 PM
    I have received today their letter stating that my application is rejected because the PPI was optional. And also they consider that over 15 years has passed between the date I purchased the PPI and the date I submitted my complaint. At the end of the letter there is something about Plevin complaint and further advice from their regulators before I can refer this case to FOS. I am educating myself with this now as I don't have a clue what it is. Many thanks for your kind reply.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,230Posts Today

7,800Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin