Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • faddy
    • By faddy 11th Apr 18, 12:35 AM
    • 467Posts
    • 52Thanks
    faddy
    When do 0% rates run to?
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:35 AM
    When do 0% rates run to? 11th Apr 18 at 12:35 AM
    Are the 0% periods on introductory balance transfer offers always counted from account opening, or do some issuers start them from the date of transfer?
Page 1
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 11th Apr 18, 1:11 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:11 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:11 AM
    If you have opened a new credit card, then I believe the promotional period begins when the account opens, which is annoying as you likely don't receive your card on the account opening date.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 11th Apr 18, 8:14 AM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    RG2015
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:14 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:14 AM
    Last year I had a Nationwide Select credit card which timed 0% interest balance transfers from the date of the transfer. The balance transfer had to be made within three months of opening the account. This card had a promotional offer of 12 months from the date of the balance transfer so effectively offering 12 to 15 months from the date of account opening. It also offered 12 months 0% interest on all purchases from the account opening date.

I also have Tesco, Santander and Virgin Money credit cards with 0% balance transfer deals but these all run from the date of opening the account. To be fair, I received the cards within two or three days of the account opening date.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 11th Apr 18, 8:31 AM
    • 8,320 Posts
    • 10,638 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:31 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:31 AM
    Not all credit cards are the same.

Read the terms and conditions to be absolutely sure.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

2,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin