Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MutchyMan
    • By MutchyMan 10th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    MutchyMan
    Mandatory Reconsideration for ESA decision (on Universal Credit)
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    Mandatory Reconsideration for ESA decision (on Universal Credit) 10th Apr 18 at 4:07 PM
    Here we go again, a few years ago when I was under 16 I had my application for DLA denied, appealed, denied again, went to a tribunal and won with all 3 judges.

Now I'm an adult and I've applied for Universal Credit, and getting fit notes off my doctor as I'm unfit for work due to GAD.
    Today I got my result from my work capability assessment, which was on the 9th of February. I am not fit for work. But I am not in the support group, to my surprise. I wish to appeal this decision.
    What is the best way to go about this? I have heard online I should call up, request a mandatory reconsideration and tell them why, and also request they send me my report in the post. Is this correct?

I recieve Personal Independence Payment payments at daily component middle rate if that makes any difference.

Also, anyone who has been the same situation? Did an appeal work well for you (I know every case is unique)

Thank you all. This situation is very stressful for me.
    Last edited by MutchyMan; 10-04-2018 at 4:13 PM. Reason: Added details
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,321Posts Today

8,807Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin