Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kittie
    • By kittie 10th Apr 18, 3:32 PM
    • 11,951Posts
    • 74,698Thanks
    kittie
    check your pensioner bond
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:32 PM
    check your pensioner bond 10th Apr 18 at 3:32 PM
    If you took one out then check it for dates, my elderly friend just found out that he was scammed, someone intercepted the form and he lost the whole amount. He didn`t know until a few days ago and is devastated. Mine appeared in my bank account a few days ago
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Apr 18, 8:50 PM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 5,386 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:50 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:50 PM
    If you took one out then check it for dates, my elderly friend just found out that he was scammed, someone intercepted the form and he lost the whole amount. He didn`t know until a few days ago and is devastated. Mine appeared in my bank account a few days ago
    Originally posted by kittie

Are you referring to the firm used to give instructions about where the money should go after maturity ? I did ours over the net, received the money into a bank account and placed it elsewhere.
    • kittie
    • By kittie 13th Apr 18, 5:24 AM
    • 11,951 Posts
    • 74,698 Thanks
    kittie
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:24 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:24 AM
    no. The initial buying of the bond three years ago. Their details were intercepted. Ns&i said it had happened to other people and was discovered in april that year. The people who lost their money will not know until they realise that they have not had the letter saying that the bond has matured. Unless they wrote dates down, then they will not realise. They will not get any money back and their identity will have been stolen as they had to send various documents and passport copy
    • Alfrescodave
    • By Alfrescodave 13th Apr 18, 9:06 AM
    • 576 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    Alfrescodave
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:06 AM
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:06 AM
    Online banking would have detected this problem very quickly but I guess online banking is not everyone's cup of tea.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

800Posts Today

5,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin