Harveys Sofa's Compensation

Hi,
I bought 2 leather 2 seater sofas from the Harveys Furniture Finchley range on 6/1/2017. They cost me a total of £1528.84 + £59 delivery and I also took out a 5 year care & protect insurance policy so total cost was £1822.84.
Delivery was on 26/5/17. However, both were faulty and a Homeserve Technician came out and agreed. I rejected Harveys offer of a payment to keep the sofas as I wanted them to be as ordered. Harveys allowed me to keep them until the replacements arrived.

A second delivery with the replacement sofas was made on 19/10/17. The delivery driver called me out to their vehicle and advised me that 1 sofa was ok and 1 was faulty. He asked me if I would agree to the good sofa being delivered to another customer who had ordered a 2 seater sofa the same as mine and that way the other customer would get their order fulfilled. I agreed and so another replacement order for 2 sofas was agreed with Harveys.

The 3rd delivery with the replacement sofas was made on 6/3/18. 1 sofa was ok the other needed some additional padding in one of the back cushions which was done by a Homeserve technician who came out on 20/3/18.

In all I have had to take time off work on 5 days for either sofa deliveries or Homeserve technician visits.

I phoned Harveys Customer Services today 10/4/18 to discuss compensation and they originally offered £75 which I rejected. This was raised to £125 which I said I would consider and get back to them. I also asked if the 5 year care insurance could start on the delivery of the last sofas on 6/3/18 which the policy document says. Harveys will contact the insurance provider to see if this can be done.

My question is does £125 compensation seem a reasonable amount for the inconvenience I have had?
Kind Regards

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family