IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking Scammers

Options
Pea9394x
Pea9394x Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 10 April 2018 at 10:58AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi
I have read through all of your info but Im not sure if it is too late.
The keeper recieved a ticket for parking in the post. When they sent it, camera had the driver in there 1hour and 14 mins. Car park states you can pay at any time so the driver payed at the end of the stay but was given a pay and display ticket (-_-). The machine also doesnt prompt payment so you have you have to know when you arrived. This is the first machine the driver had used that doesnt state the amount owed.
They then sent a ticket a month later saying the driver hadn't paid so the keeper emailed them the ticket. They emailed the keeper back saying they must appeal so the keeper ignored them. The keeper then got a debt collection letter which they have ignored. The keeper emailed them through resolver to which they got an automated response which they have read in several posts:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent communication.

As per the British Parking Association code of practice (paragraph 22.7), all appeals must be submitted to us within 28 days of the initial Parking Charge Notice (PCN) being issued. Due to the length of time your PCN has been open, we have now referred this to a debt recovery company (Debt Recovery Plus) who are handling the matter on our behalf. Please contact them directly if you wish to discuss this further.

Debt Recovery Plus: 0208 234 6775 or 0141 301 2355

Kind Regards,

The keeper has not named the driver and now plans on ignoring them. What is advised next please?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please read the sticky thread for NEWBIES , third thread down from the top of this forum

you IGNORE them now, unless you receive a formal LBC or MCOL in the post within 6 years

you should have appealed the first NTK usding the template appeal, then killed it off at popla

edit post #1 and remove any hint of who was driving

they monitored the vehicle , not the person , so anything that happened on the day happened to the DRIVER, and anything since to the KEEPER

no "ME , MYSELF & I" are allowed

that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread covers all of this

so for now IGNORE them and IGNORE drp too
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I emailed them through resolver
    Not another one! Absolutely useless website for parking cases.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74136746#post74136746

You could have won this with one email had you come here first. 100% winnable, every time.
    Im not sure if it is too late.
    No, but you wasted your appeal, and will now be at the 'ignore the debt collectors' stage as shown in post #4 of the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pea9394x
    Options
    Do you have the link for the template?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2018 at 10:29AM
    Options
    It sounds to me, from the unorthodox payment method, as if, if this went to court, they would crash and burn. The system appears to encourage mistakes, from which the PPC are taking advantage.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pea9394x wrote: »
    Do you have the link for the template?
    No link. And there is no template now because you are at IGNORE STAGE.

You already know where the NEWBIES thread is, you've seen where to click on my signature every time I've replied to you, it's right in front of you right now where to click, look at the coloured writing in my signature below. So bored of pointing it out...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So this is a DRP thread, not Smart?

Please read the Newbies Sticky and the NO MORE DRP THREADS thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure