Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gregger
    • By Gregger 9th Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gregger
    trackdays.co.uk scam
    • 9th Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    trackdays.co.uk scam 9th Apr 18 at 4:14 PM
    The track day that is impossible to book.

1. My friend and I both get a website 500 error when trying to redeem our vouchers on the website. This has been happening since February and has still not been rectified.
    2. We have been calling them since February, sometimes they answer, sometimes they don't. Everytime I have called I have been told that for the track I want with the car I chose is fully booked.
    3. You get told to call back next month and try again.
    4. You call on the 1st of the month and guess what? Yep, these new dates are fully booked again, and they are unable to provide any future dates until next month, again.

What I believe they are doing, is offering performance cars at tracks that will attract people to buy the vouchers, but they have no way of fulfilling the obligation, so they try and get you to change the track and the car to something they can actually arrange. You end up getting tired of waiting so you opt for a different car or a different track (or both).

I worked in a call centre back in 2003 that ran similar scams.

Even the Top Gear track days no longer exist, I wonder why that is...

I will be filing a chargeback with my bank and alerting Groupon to the scam.
Page 1
    • Gregger
    • By Gregger 9th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gregger
    • 9th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    I have been finding more and more similar reviews online, which really has left me feeling like sh*t.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 9th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 3,312 Posts
    • 2,057 Thanks
    Car 54
    • 9th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    I have been finding more and more similar reviews online, which really has left me feeling like sh*t.
    Originally posted by Gregger
    How will you feel when something really bad happens?Like bereavement, serious illness ....
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 9th Apr 18, 5:14 PM
    • 20,583 Posts
    • 12,757 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:14 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:14 PM
    Www.nominet.co.uk/whois will tell you who has registered the website.

It is not always accurate
    • docmatt
    • By docmatt 9th Apr 18, 9:45 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 456 Thanks
    docmatt
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:45 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:45 PM
    How will you feel when something really bad happens?Like bereavement, serious illness ....
    Originally posted by Car 54
    Iím guessing a lot worse.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 10th Apr 18, 9:10 AM
    • 731 Posts
    • 391 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:10 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:10 AM
    Originally posted by Car 54
    That's a rather pointless diversion. It is good of the OP to bring the matter to the attention of a wider audience so more people don't lose money on virtually non-existent track days.
    • bap98189
    • By bap98189 10th Apr 18, 1:09 PM
    • 2,933 Posts
    • 5,144 Thanks
    bap98189
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:09 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:09 PM
    Www.nominet.co.uk/whois will tell you who has registered the website.

It is not always accurate
    The website was registered anonymously. The registered address is 29a Crown Street, Brentwood, Essex, CM14 4BA. However, that address currently belongs to Moulton Johnson Limited who are chartered accountants, so it seems likely that they are just using that address for convenience.

The owner is a chap called James Richardson. He seems to own a string of failed companies and several which are still trading. Amongst other things, he is considered a persona non grata by the Financial Services Authority.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,744Posts Today

8,438Users online

Martin's Twitter