Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lovehols
    • By lovehols 9th Apr 18, 12:46 PM
    • 214Posts
    • 122Thanks
    lovehols
    Exclusive Rights in UK & Ireland
    • 9th Apr 18, 12:46 PM
    Exclusive Rights in UK & Ireland 9th Apr 18 at 12:46 PM
    Hi

What does this mean exactly or where can I find out more information. We wanted to start a business and can source the product we need but have found a company that offers something similar who state on their website they have 'exclusive rights in the UK and Ireland' I am guessing it's a no go then?
Page 1
    • bingo bango
    • By bingo bango 9th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 2,500 Posts
    • 1,688 Thanks
    bingo bango
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:47 PM
    Not necessarily.

They may have 'exclusive' rights to sell in UK & Ireland through a licensing deal from their own supplier, but that does not mean that the same product cannot be licensed from another supplier and sold in the same market.

If, on the other hand, they have exclusive sale rights direct from the manufacturer, that may make things a little more tricky. You would probably need to approach the manufacturer in that case and make no mention of the other company and their exclusivity. Just ask for a deal to buy and if they say no because they already have a single supplier option, then you may need to reconsider your options.

You also say that they sell 'something similar'. If it isn't the same product then there really isn't an issue. Just how 'similar' is it?
    • PollySouthend
    • By PollySouthend 10th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 383 Posts
    • 842 Thanks
    PollySouthend
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    I wouldn't assume that their claim is real and even if it is then it often isn't watertight. Really you need to find out more information from the manufacturer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,649Posts Today

8,281Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin