Hotmail account disconnected?

Options
joe2cool
joe2cool Posts: 4,120 Forumite
Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
Hi on my mobiles a pop up says 'hotmail account disconnected & FIX to click on. Once clicked password input, the info says ' Security info change is still pending. Phone security info changed. The rest of msg says after 30 days number change but still can use Microsoft account. I had this pop up on my tablet but after the information as above there was a next button & once clicked my account was authenticated & back to normal but on the mobiles there is no NEXT button at the bottom of in info. Would anyone have any advise. Appreciated .
joe2cool

Comments

• harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    joe2cool wrote: »
    Hi on my mobiles a pop up says 'hotmail account disconnected & FIX to click on. Once clicked password input, the info says ' Security info change is still pending. Phone security info changed. The rest of msg says after 30 days number change but still can use Microsoft account. I had this pop up on my tablet but after the information as above there was a next button & once clicked my account was authenticated & back to normal but on the mobiles there is no NEXT button at the bottom of in info. Would anyone have any advise. Appreciated .

if you clicked on a link on a pop up and then input your password then I suspect your account has been stolen. if it has it can be recovered if you have given microsoft alternative contact details.
  • joe2cool
    Options
    Hi thx on the tablet outlook fine but phones seems to have the 'next ' button missing?

Thx alot
    joe2cool
  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    joe2cool wrote: »
    Hi thx on the tablet outlook fine but phones seems to have the 'next ' button missing?

Thx alot
    Read the reply from @harrys dad again.
  • joe2cool
    Options
    Hi thx, all is sorted now. After a password change due to Microsoft noticing a different location when I was in Singapore, I didn't seem to be able to authenticate on the mobiles because there seemed no way to move on from the pop up msg. After trying everything I then just touched the end of a blue line at the bottom of the pop up msg where on the PC & Tablet had beeh a next button which solved everything.
    joe2cool
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport