IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Overlooked on medical grounds

Options
I received parking ticket 24/11/17 for obstructive parking (which I don’t agree) on hospital grounds with disabled badge.
Completely overlooked!
Received notice to keeper 29/12/17 from Gemini parking solutions
Completely overlooked!
Have now received debt collection letter 27/2/18 from DRP ltd
I know i know I should have appealed, but have been unwell and genuinely had more important things to use my energy on. I have CFS.
What is my best course of action now?
Do I just pay the £160 debt collection charge?
Appeal to the original parking charges explaining ?
Or just sit tight?
Thanks

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have now received debt collection letter 27/2/18 from DRP ltd
    Do I just pay the £160 debt collection charge?
    Appeal to the original parking charges explaining ?
    Ignore them, as per post #4 of the NEWBIES thread.

But complain to PALS (Google them) and make them cancel it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are at the DRP stage, then your options to further challenge this ticket are limited to little more than a complaint to the hospital (PALS) - which is TBH best done early-on.

The Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum will inform you properly and lay-out your remaining options.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors..

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What ever you do don't pay debt collectors that slap on £60 for the pleasure of bullying you with worthless letters about nothing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure