Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Roberta Rizzo
    • By Roberta Rizzo 14th Mar 18, 2:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Roberta Rizzo
    Empty accounts
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:39 PM
    Empty accounts 14th Mar 18 at 2:39 PM
    Hi All,

I'm new here so apologise if this has been asked before!

We are looking to get a mortgage on a house (first time buyer). At the mo, we are saving 1200 a month but the way we do that is that my partner pays me a chunk of his wage, which then goes into a savings account in my name. Every day to day expense and bills come out of my salary. So essentially what happens is that my partner's account is wiped clean by the end of the month. he never goes into his overdraft and only has a credit card to improve scoring (pays it off every month). Will this affect his rating/scoring with lenders, or do they see things jointly if we are applying together?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th Mar 18, 2:47 PM
    • 18,780 Posts
    • 12,921 Thanks
    molerat
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:47 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 2:47 PM
    CRAs only report borrowing on current accounts and not positive balances.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 14th Mar 18, 3:43 PM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:43 PM
    • 14th Mar 18, 3:43 PM
    You're not improving your rating or score since it doesn't exist.

You're building/improving your credit history.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,233Posts Today

8,119Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin