Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 12th Mar 18, 8:07 PM
    • 165Posts
    • 69Thanks
    gillybean129
    Neighbour damaged my gate....I have CCTV evidence!
    • 12th Mar 18, 8:07 PM
    Neighbour damaged my gate....I have CCTV evidence! 12th Mar 18 at 8:07 PM
    This morning we could not get out of the gate, it had been slammed and bent so is now stuck.
    We have CCTV and can see a neighbour lower down (whom I once had a row with 15 years ago) had forcefully closed it resulting in the damage.
    This is criminal damage, but it feels petty to go to the police and I don't want to cause ill feeling, also I know her partner is very anxious and this would cause him grief.
    But I don't like confrontation, would you just let this go?
    She had come from church, I had thought if speaking with the vicar as he'd know her, thoughts?
Page 3
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 14th Mar 18, 7:27 AM
    • 1,375 Posts
    • 933 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    No. You're asking stupid questions. I didn't say the police were concerned at all. That's the entire point. They don't care. Even the OP wasn't phoning the police.
    Originally posted by Doozergirl
    Whether the police care or not doesn’t change police procedure.
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 17th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    gillybean129
    OK right....update, mainly for the naysayers and those that mocked me (I should have expected that from here I guess)
    We went round to ask her what happened, she admitted she was drunk and should not have broken it and apologized profusely.
    End of.....no need to involve the police for this.
    So yes there was damage and she should not have been on our property but I am willing to forget and at least she knows she will be on CCTV next time!
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 18th Mar 18, 7:11 AM
    • 25,061 Posts
    • 92,623 Thanks
    Davesnave
    OK right....update, mainly for the naysayers and those that mocked me
    Originally posted by gillybean129
    I think most people only mocked the idea of involving the vicar in this.

In the end, you did what most of us would have done and queried the matter with the woman. If she'd responded aggressively, or denied acting in the way she did, that would have been the time to log the incident on 101. Fortunately, she was honest, so you were able to build bridges by accepting her explanation and leaving it there

I would still keep a download of the incident.....just in case!
    'It's a terrible thing to wait until you're ready…..Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.' Hugh Lawrie.
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 18th Mar 18, 10:19 AM
    • 165 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    gillybean129
    I only suggested the vicar as I know she is a churchgoer and thought he might be able to talk to her as she obviously has issues and needs help as one of his parishioners he might actually care if she's having problems (and now I know she is as she admitted to me).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,339Posts Today

5,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin