CMC and payout

Options
Hi All,

I used a claims management company claims 4 you in 2016 to claim for PPI. Following rejection from some companies but I got a pay out from 2 companies I was unhappy with the way my claim was dealt with - basically they did the initial work and then I heard nothing form them till I got the payment. I paid the % due to the claims firm and complained. Eventually it went to the ombudsmen as they didn't answer me within the correct time frame and I was given compensation and it was all dealt with by Feb 2017.

Today I have had a letter from Halifax saying that my PPI was not upheld but they are giving me a goodwill gesture payment but not admitting liability . I've tried to google but there is nothing in the T's and C's about a termination of the contract with Claims4You.

Does anyone know how long you are tied to the claims management company for?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know how long you are tied to the claims management company for?

6 months after the rejection or the FOS decision if its referred to the FOS.

There is no right for additional money that comes after 6 months unless the CMC was involved in obtaining that (i.e. if you followed their instructions and it took longer than 6 months to receive it then they are entitled to be paid). If its money out of the blue and more than 6 months after the original complaint ended then they have no claim on it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • laingn
    laingn Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks so much for your quick reply. It's been over a year since the rejection and I believe this out of the blue payment is because of a change due to plevin? They payment has come at a perfect time :j

Thanks for your help again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport