Civil Enforcement Ltd - Northhampton CCBC Help!

Options
ks94x
ks94x Posts: 7 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 19 April 2018 at 1:00PM in Motoring
!PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST AND SEE OTHER POST!

[STRIKE]

Hi All,

I have tried reading other forums but they are all very confusing and I'm now just panicking!

I have been receiving letters from Civil Enforcement Ltd (idiots!)) for nearly a year now demanding money, I visited my friend and parked in her flat car park then received a fine! I ignored all letters.

Anyways, I followed are of the advice I found on here and defended the claim when receiving a claims letter and wrote nothing in the defence box.

I have now received a letter from Northampton Court'(N149A notice of Proposed allocation to the Small Clams Track' which is asking me to completed a 'N180 Direction Questionnaire Small Claims Track' form.

The letter and form are basically asking me to agree with 'mediation' to settle the case without going to a court hearing.

I have no intention of paying any money to these cowboys! What they do is disgraceful. But I also don't want to have to attend court...

How do I respond? Shall I fill in the questionnaire? Do I write a defence?

Please help! :(

I need to send this form off by 17th March 2018 by the latest.

Thank you so much for listening guys![/STRIKE]

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Post in the sub forum to this, 'Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking' at the top of this forum for correct advice.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Correct advice from cajef but before you ask a board guide, Crabman, savvy or soolin, to move your post, please read the Newbie Stickies at the top of the Parking sub-forum and there you will find excellent advice on your next step(s).

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thank you!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 March 2018 at 3:39PM
    Options
    ks94x wrote: »
    Anyways, I followed are of the advice I found on here and defended the claim when receiving a claims letter and wrote nothing in the defence box.
    How do you defend a claim by not writing something in the defence box? Is there something I'm missing here?
    How do I respond? Shall I fill in the questionnaire? Do I write a defence?

Please help! :(

I need to send this form off by 17th March 2018 by the latest.

If you don't fill in the questionnaire then it will automatically go to a county court claim instead of mediation and if you don't respond to that then they will automatically award the win to the other party and a CCJ against you. The step after that is to apply for an enforcement and send bailiffs to your door and you'll be paying their costs throughout all of this.

What are you going to put as your defence, that you parked your car there in breach of the parking terms and conditions but don't think you should pay the penalty charge because it was your friend's flat so even though you don't live there you should be allowed to park without a permit as you see fit, you don't agree with what these companies do and some random nutters on a forum told you to ignore it because it wasn't valid so you shouldn't have to pay? I wish you luck with that.

I hope this is a lesson about taking advice from pillocks on parking forums. Their advice is based on them expecting the parking company to back down and not risk taking it to court seemingly ignorant that quite a few of them actually do. Not one single one of them on those forums will put their money where their mouths are and pay you if their advice turns out to be complete rubbish - I've challenged them to on many occasions and not one single one has ever offered, often the cowards won't even respond to the post. It is easy to say to ignore it and not to pay when you're not the one who'll suffer the ramifications.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    How do you defend a claim by not writing something in the defence box? Is there something I'm missing.

Yes. The form is a little confusing. You do not have to enter a defence straight away, you can enter it separately to the acknowledgement. By not entering a defence straight away you are given an extra 14 days to send it in which is valuable time to formulate a defence.

It the parking sub forum there is a walk through guide to defending a claim.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    How do you defend a claim by not writing something in the defence box? Is there something I'm missing here?

If you don't fill in the questionnaire then it will automatically go to a county court claim instead of mediation and if you don't respond to that then they will automatically award the win to the other party and a CCJ against you. The step after that is to apply for an enforcement and send bailiffs to your door and you'll be paying their costs throughout all of this.

What are you going to put as your defence, that you parked your car there in breach of the parking terms and conditions but don't think you should pay the penalty charge because it was your friend's flat so even though you don't live there you should be allowed to park without a permit as you see fit, you don't agree with what these companies do and some random nutters on a forum told you to ignore it because it wasn't valid so you shouldn't have to pay? I wish you luck with that.

I hope this is a lesson about taking advice from pillocks on parking forums. Their advice is based on them expecting the parking company to back down and not risk taking it to court seemingly ignorant that quite a few of them actually do. Not one single one of them on those forums will put their money where their mouths are and pay you if their advice turns out to be complete rubbish - I've challenged them to on many occasions and not one single one has ever offered, often the cowards won't even respond to the post. It is easy to say to ignore it and not to pay when you're not the one who'll suffer the ramifications.

There is a facebook page called I love the Lake District and people on there quote Martin Lewis as saying to throw letters in the bin from parking companies as they won't take it to court. It is a high risk strategy as if it goes to county court as a result, ignoring it and throwing the letters in the bin will leave a slam dunk liability claim against the 'offender'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure