Makeover photo Shoot changed mind on photos

Options
Hi guys I recently did make over which was not a very good experience at all

Appointment was supposed to be 11am we arrived way before time and were made to wait till 11:30am - they said don't worry plenty of time

Mini manicure/facial not done as promised - only nails quickly painted

Hair did not look good at all they didn't know how to style hair it looked like I just woke up

Photographer was good but felt very rushed- they overbooked and we were supposed to have 5 outfits changes we only did 4 and the whole time we felt like we were being rushed and told people are waiting which didn't make the experience pleasant

Finally viewed the photos with the sales person and felt pressured to buy pictures and forced into it almost because we were told people were waiting and can't take years to wait for me to decide

I now have the link to the photos (unedited)- edited photos will be sent in 2 weeks but I dont really like some of the pictures i felt pressured to buy it - I paid £200 for 12 pictures- do i have any rightd to try and get partial refund and return some pictures?

I signed a contract which says i cant cancel orders but since they didn't fulfil the experience completely dies that mean they are in breach of contract?

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lon_85 wrote: »
    Hi guys I recently did make over which was not a very good experience at all

Appointment was supposed to be 11am we arrived way before time and were made to wait till 11:30am - they said don't worry plenty of time

Mini manicure/facial not done as promised - only nails quickly painted

Hair did not look good at all they didn't know how to style hair it looked like I just woke up

Photographer was good but felt very rushed- they overbooked and we were supposed to have 5 outfits changes we only did 4 and the whole time we felt like we were being rushed and told people are waiting which didn't make the experience pleasant

Finally viewed the photos with the sales person and felt pressured to buy pictures and forced into it almost because we were told people were waiting and can't take years to wait for me to decide

I now have the link to the photos (unedited)- edited photos will be sent in 2 weeks but I dont really like some of the pictures i felt pressured to buy it - I paid £200 for 12 pictures- do i have any rightd to try and get partial refund and return some pictures?

I signed a contract which says i cant cancel orders but since they didn't fulfil the experience completely dies that mean they are in breach of contract?

Any help would be much appreciated

Did you pay for a package - hair, make-up etc, photo shoot to include 12 photographs for £200? Or, was the photo shoot free and you only had to pay if you chose to buy some of the photographs?
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    If it is one of those cheap packages where you pay only a fraction of the cost of the makeover, they make the money on the hard sell on the photos.

I once booked a package for my daughters, such as you describe and it was a similar experience to yours (but the package itself was £15 and the prices in the hair salon were £40pp for the hair alone). The experienced salesman did go for the hard sell when we were asked to choose the included photo , but I just insisted on the free included photo of each girl. I did read reviews and there were a lot of ladies and couples who had buyers remorse (some even had taken out credit agreements) but had no right to cancel.
  • lon_85
    lon_85 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi LilElvis- you are correct the photoshoot was complimentary and photos must be purchased separately.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi LilElvis- you are correct the photoshoot was complimentary and photos must be purchased separately.

If there was no charge for the shoot and "experience" then you haven't suffered any financial loss. You then chose to purchase the resulting pictures for which payment is due - if you didn't like their attitude or their photos then you could have walked away or asked to come back and make a decision when it was less rushed. Sorry, but you've no right to any refund or change of mind unless they choose to do so out of goodwill.
  • lon_85
    lon_85 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did ask to come back after lunch to make final decision because it was 3:30pm and hadn't eaten anything plus was tired from 4 outfit changes and photo Shoot- but they refused and said we won't be able to get back in as they have another couple waiting so was forced to make decision on the spot :-(
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I did ask to come back after lunch to make final decision because it was 3:30pm and hadn't eaten anything plus was tired from 4 outfit changes and photo Shoot- but they refused and said we won't be able to get back in as they have another couple waiting so was forced to make decision on the spot :-(

I accept that it sounds like you were under pressure but you could have chosen not to purchase any if you didnt like them
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Well if I was in your shoes and felt the experience was inadequate then I wouldn't have bought any photos. If someone is pressuring you into buying something and won't allow you time to think then your default response should be to buy nothing !.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Unfortunately you have no rights here, as you chose to buy the photos.

Take this as a life lesson in dealing with pressure sales!! It is ok to say no!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure