Upload passport

Options
aayush
aayush Posts: 1,295 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
I Am trying to upload passport but am allowed 1000KB but my pdf is 8.25MB

can some advise if the pdf file is too big and how can I get pdf file for that size

Await quick response as a need to get this off this weekend as the need for visa issues

Comments

• telemarks
    telemarks Posts: 255 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Screenshot the PDF and save as .JPG ? Rescan as .PNG?
  • aayush
    Options
    telemarks wrote: »
    Screenshot the PDF and save as .JPG ? Rescan as .PNG?
    Need to be sent in pdf
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    There are several ways you can tackle this, but probably the simplest is just to scan it at a lower resolution in the first place.

What did you use to scan the passport with? Generally that software will have a setting (often shown as a DPI setting) which determines what level of detail is included in the scan, and lowering this figure will result in a smaller scanned file.
  • aayush
    Options
    fwor wrote: »
    There are several ways you can tackle this, but probably the simplest is just to scan it at a lower resolution in the first place.

What did you use to scan the passport with? Generally, that software will have a setting (often shown as a DPI setting) which determines what level of detail is included in the scan, and lowering this figure will result in a smaller scanned file.

Have scanned at 50 thus not sure what else as the loweste it will do on my scanner
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's going to depend on what software you have available, more than anything else.

I don't know what options you have available in the scanner software, but one way would be to get the scanner software to save the scan as a JPEG, resize the JPEG to a lower DPI with one of the free image manipulation programs and then convert it to PDF using one of the many free converter programs.

If you say what scanner software you're using, someone may be familiar enough with it to suggest some actual steps (but it's not likely to be me because I use Linux rather than Windows!).
  • fenlander_uk
    Options
    Try Compress PDF (https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf). Free, takes seconds.
  • aayush
    Options
    fwor wrote: »
    It's going to depend on what software you have available, more than anything else.

I don't know what options you have available in the scanner software, but one way would be to get the scanner software to save the scan as a JPEG, resize the JPEG to a lower DPI with one of the free image manipulation programs and then convert it to PDF using one of the many free converter programs.

If you say what scanner software you're using, someone may be familiar enough with it to suggest some actual steps (but it's not likely to be me because I use Linux rather than Windows!).

AM not to tech as wish not to pay 60 Pounds for the scanning to be done on top of the 190 for the visa thus looking for a quick and easy way to get this done ASAP
  • H1a3rt
    H1a3rt Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Screenshot and save as jpg. Double click on the jpg to open with Windows Photos. Now go to print and click on your printer and change to "Microsoft print to PDF" should now be a much smaller pdf.

This is assuming you have windows 10.

Its a strange place that insists on photographic evidence in a pdf format only!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure