Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buy
    • By buy 9th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 3Thanks
    buy
    Posting Comments on Articals (not in forum)
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    Posting Comments on Articals (not in forum) 9th Mar 18 at 12:27 PM
    Hi all,

I've signed in (hence being able to add this thread).

When in an article on MSE, if I want to leave or reply to a comment it asks me to login using my Facebook login details but I don't want to post a comment through my FB login, I want to use my MSE login.

Am I being silly or is the FB login the only option?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 9th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 13,082 Posts
    • 41,322 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:26 PM
    When you say article, could you link an example?

Do you mean like this one?https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2018/03/left-out-of-pocket-by-the-snow-and-freezing-weather-here-are-your-rights-

I am able to post as long as I am logged in, there is a box saying also post to facebook.
    Last edited by sarah1972; 09-03-2018 at 3:15 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • buy
    • By buy 13th Mar 18, 11:37 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    buy
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:37 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:37 AM
    Hi Sarah1972,

Sorry for the slow reply. I did mean that yes but I too now can post without logging in via FB. Either a glitch on my or the site's part.

I'll let you decide which
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 13th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 8,493 Posts
    • 8,802 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 13th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    Many articles on the site have a corresponding discussion thread here on the boards. So a search on the article title could prove fruitful.

Also, it would be really great to see an article discussion thread used for its proper purpose - so many get completely mired with utterly non relevant posts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,645Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin