Paid in wrong bank account in adminstration onne

Options
I hope this is in the right section if not can the mods move or advise.

Whilst paying my monthly spousal maintenance i accidentally paid into a wrong account (it had my wifes name as reference and i read it as the account name)

It transpires that the account i paid it into was a business who had gone into adminstration the day before. I would have expected the money to bounce back but apparently the adminstrator freezes it for outgoing payments only so my funds have entered into their account.

I have sent a copy of my bank statement to the adminstrator and heard nothing.

I would think i am not going to get pooled into the pot of creditors as they the company were already in adminstration.

My bank has been no help they didnt even know how to fill in the online form. And the insolvency practice has gone silent.

Can anybody tells me my rights please.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You could try asking your bank to recover the money via the Credit Payment Recovery (CPR) scheme. Don't change the reference (to your wife)!on the stored payment so that you can shown them how the error occurred.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    It's a bit strange that you should have payments set up to a business using your wife's name as reference (therefore presumably you have previously made payments to this business on behalf of your wife) and then the day after the company becomes insolvent you accidentally make your regular maintenance payment to this account instead of your wife's account.
    Make sure that you can show that the amount accidentally paid to this business corresponds exactly to the maintenance payment usually made to your wife and that faster payment is the method normally used to make these payments to your wife and that the amount does not correspond to any payments previously or usually made to this business and be sure that the administrators cannot prove that this represents a payment for anything owed to this business and that the balance of any account your wife has with this business is nil and that the administrators cannot produce unpaid invoices etc in your wife's name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure