Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • By SWEETPEAS 8th Mar 18, 11:56 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 17Thanks
    Paid in wrong bank account in adminstration onne
    • #1
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:56 PM
    Paid in wrong bank account in adminstration onne 8th Mar 18 at 11:56 PM
    I hope this is in the right section if not can the mods move or advise.

    Whilst paying my monthly spousal maintenance i accidentally paid into a wrong account (it had my wifes name as reference and i read it as the account name)

    It transpires that the account i paid it into was a business who had gone into adminstration the day before. I would have expected the money to bounce back but apparently the adminstrator freezes it for outgoing payments only so my funds have entered into their account.

    I have sent a copy of my bank statement to the adminstrator and heard nothing.

    I would think i am not going to get pooled into the pot of creditors as they the company were already in adminstration.

    My bank has been no help they didnt even know how to fill in the online form. And the insolvency practice has gone silent.

    Can anybody tells me my rights please.


Page 1
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 9th Mar 18, 5:14 AM
    • 893 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    • #2
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:14 AM
    • #2
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:14 AM
    You could try asking your bank to recover the money via the Credit Payment Recovery (CPR) scheme. Don't change the reference (to your wife)!on the stored payment so that you can shown them how the error occurred.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 9th Mar 18, 5:41 AM
    • 2,276 Posts
    • 1,015 Thanks
    • #3
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:41 AM
    • #3
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:41 AM
    It's a bit strange that you should have payments set up to a business using your wife's name as reference (therefore presumably you have previously made payments to this business on behalf of your wife) and then the day after the company becomes insolvent you accidentally make your regular maintenance payment to this account instead of your wife's account.
    Make sure that you can show that the amount accidentally paid to this business corresponds exactly to the maintenance payment usually made to your wife and that faster payment is the method normally used to make these payments to your wife and that the amount does not correspond to any payments previously or usually made to this business and be sure that the administrators cannot prove that this represents a payment for anything owed to this business and that the balance of any account your wife has with this business is nil and that the administrators cannot produce unpaid invoices etc in your wife's name.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin