Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sej107
    • By Sej107 7th Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sej107
    Unknown debt at time of bankruptcy HMRC
    • 7th Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    Unknown debt at time of bankruptcy HMRC 7th Mar 18 at 7:25 PM
    Hi, i will be going bankrupt in 2020 due to the new HMRC loan charge. At present i contract through a limited company paying myself a salary and the rest in dividends. IR35 seems to be next on HMRC’s list to generate funds and they seem to be able to pass new rules whenever they want. 2020 will give me a fresh start and what i want to avoid is hmrc investigating my limited company after i go bankrupt then saying i have been ‘caught’ by IR35 and habe to pay tax/ni and penalties. So i am wondering how bankruptcy works in relation to possible unknown debts at the time of application? I understand that i will no longer be able to operate this way and will look to secure paye employment to avoid any future run ins with HMRC and relieve myself of the stress caused by all of this over the past couple of years.
    If anyone has any words of advice it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

21Posts Today

3,659Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin