Applying for Mortgage but not on Electoral Roll!

Options
We sold our house and completed in January, since then we've been renting until we buy a place so we're not in a chain. (It's extremely fast moving in Manchester where we are).

I've applied to be placed on the Electoral Roll at our rented address but I've had a letter back from the council stating that this will take place in early April.

I'm about to apply for a mortgage because we have had an offer accepted on a house.

Will not currently being on the electoral roll be an issue applying for a mortgage?

I was at my old address for 16 years - and have a letter from the local council relating to the Electoral Roll decision etc.

Comments

• SharkBite
    SharkBite Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Were you on the electoral role at your previous property?

It's reasonable, having moved recently, that not being on the electoral roll at your current property is simply because you haven't been there very long.

I think if you have a history on being on the electoral role then it shouldn't matter.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    joed72 wrote: »
    Will not currently being on the electoral roll be an issue applying for a mortgage?
    No. It won't.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure