Email from lappyexperts.co.uk - Possible scam

Options
Be careful everyone if you get an email in your Junk folder from lappy expert (lappyexperts.co.uk) as it firstly looks as if they are asking about one of your items but there is nothing in EBay messages from them.

The wording in the email is just:

Hello
Is it still available ? Is Your Product ?

then there is a long link to EBay which I didn't open. It might just simply be someone trying to get people to look at their EBay items by being devious but just to warn others just in case.
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    More of an eBay message scam I couldn't imagine. They are ten a penny.
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've seen many scam emails over the years but that's the first time I've ever had one pretending they were asking about something I had for sale.

I thought I'd warn others just in case any new sellers went through the link but if this message is of no use to anyone, then I'll remove it. Just trying to be helpful.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ailey wrote: »
    I've seen many scam emails over the years but that's the first time I've ever had one pretending they were asking about something I had for sale.

I thought I'd warn others just in case any new sellers went through the link but if this message is of no use to anyone, then I'll remove it. Just trying to be helpful.

That's a fairly common one especially on Gumtree, they target so many people that they don't bother finding an item they just send a standard message.

Strangely I'm getting them daily but pretending to be an Amazon buyer, not an eBay one. However, I am plagued with fake Amazon emails, I'm obviously on some sort of hit list.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surely the appalling grammar gives it away as a scam immediately on reading it?
    Block sender's address and hit delete....
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • ailey
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    Surely the appalling grammar gives it away as a scam immediately on reading it?
    Block sender's address and hit delete....

Yes it certainly does. It was just in case anyone just had a quick look and clicked the link.
  • ailey
    Options
    Soolin, Can you please delete this thread for me? I've had a look to see if I can delete it but it doesn't look as if I can. Many thanks. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure