Capital Investment Bond or Stocks and Shares ISA?

I currently have savings (roughly the same amount in both) in both a capital investment bond and a stocks and shares ISA. The company that manage my ISA are strongly recommending that I cash in the bond and put the money into the ISA and an ISA feeder account. Is this good advice?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The company that manage my ISA are strongly recommending that I cash in the bond and put the money into the ISA and an ISA feeder account. Is this good advice?

Recommendations are either positive or negative. Strongly doesnt come into it. Although if its not an IFA but an FA, then they may be more vague as sales reps are usually not allowed to recommend these things but can give you the choice. An IFA will just tell you that it needs doing.

Bed & ISA from bond to ISA is a commonplace transaction and usually done for tax efficiency purposes. It's the sort of transaction that an IFA does at no added cost under their ongoing servicing arrangement.

Sometimes though, it is not sensible to do it. So, nobody here can tell you if yours is a scenario where you should do it or your shouldnt do it. However, your IFA can as they are aware of the facts (I am assuming its an IFA - you can correct if its not).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thank you.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Chances are you'll get better quality feedback on here if you give more details about both the bond and the ISA (and in particular what it's actually invested in).

Better still, more info about your own circumstances would also help, e.g. income, assets, age, pension, savings objectives and timescales, attitude to risk, etc, etc....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure