Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BargainJunky
    • By BargainJunky 6th Mar 18, 10:12 AM
    • 1,363Posts
    • 872Thanks
    BargainJunky
    Seller message about shipment process failure
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:12 AM
    Seller message about shipment process failure 6th Mar 18 at 10:12 AM
    Bought and paid for an item on 2nd March the item had been despatched with delivery due today.

Just received this message.

"We would like to inform you that unfortunately the shipment process of your order has failed. Our supplier contacted us and they told us that the item was lost by the courier during transit.

We are unable to send a replacement because they are completely sold out. We do not have an estimated time on when it will be back in stock. Please understand that we have no control over the situation.

Please let us know if you would like us to cancel and refund your order or you would wait for the item to be available.

We understand that you are disappointed and we really apologise for the inconvenience that this creates you. We also humbly request you to not leave us a negative feedback as it will negatively affect our small home business.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards"

Not quite sure what to do - if I wait until stock comes in could I end up with no item and no refund? In all the years of buying I have never been given an option to wait plus I smell a rat as would the delivery company actually say they have lost it! They are also still showing one for sale on Ebay and have upped the price by about 6.
Page 1
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 6th Mar 18, 10:21 AM
    • 3,367 Posts
    • 1,919 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:21 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:21 AM
    I can't tell for sure but it sounds like a message a drop shipper (e.g. someone that will process your order by buying it off Amazon for you to fulfil an eBay order) will send, when the actual stockist is unexpectedly out of stock.

In your case, reading your last sentence, it sounds like the other supplier put the price up.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 6th Mar 18, 10:54 AM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 3,939 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:54 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:54 AM
    I would get a refund so at least you have your money back. You don't want to be told later your money is lost because it is too late for a refund. Then if you want to buy again its up to you.

You should try and find who they are drop shipping from. I used to buy an item from someone on Ebay for what I thought was a decent price. Then after a bit of detective work found they were a drop shipper. Went direct to the original seller and saved myself even more.
    Last edited by mrcol1000; 06-03-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 6th Mar 18, 11:33 AM
    • 3,367 Posts
    • 1,919 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:33 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:33 AM
    Either way, they're got it coming to them. See how a drop shipper won't take a financial hit at all for the customer. And when the customer injures themselves on the item or it burns their house down plugged into the wall over night, the drop shipper shrugs their shoulders as they don't have the relevant insurance for all the different product types they sell. Last time I mentioned this, google caches this site so quickly that all the drop shippers came over to try and attack me.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • BargainJunky
    • By BargainJunky 6th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 872 Thanks
    BargainJunky
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    Thanks both for your advice I am going to ask for a refund. Seller still has one still listed and sold another last night at the same price I paid. I have had a little look at the feedback they do have 100% but there are a few neutrals about items supplied from Asda with the Asda receipt in the box - buyer paid double the 'Asda price' so as you can imagine they were not happy.

It was supposed to be sent parcelforce but no tracking has been loaded so I cannot even check if the 'story' about getting lost is true.

I think I have found where they get it from as its the same price as they were originally selling it for so will buy from there instead.

Thanks again.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 6th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 3,367 Posts
    • 1,919 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:41 AM
    BargainJunky, out of interest, go to that new supplier you've decided to buy from, click on xxx no. sold (just nest to where you select the quantity), in there you see the history of items sold and for what price. That supplier may have just put their price up which forced the drop shipper to do so.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    • 12,153 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    Thanks both for your advice I am going to ask for a refund. Seller still has one still listed and sold another last night at the same price I paid. I have had a little look at the feedback they do have 100% but there are a few neutrals about items supplied from Asda with the Asda receipt in the box - buyer paid double the 'Asda price' so as you can imagine they were not happy.

It was supposed to be sent parcelforce but no tracking has been loaded so I cannot even check if the 'story' about getting lost is true.

I think I have found where they get it from as its the same price as they were originally selling it for so will buy from there instead.

Thanks again.
    Originally posted by BargainJunky
    If you want to give the seller a headache rather than the easy option, then file an INR rather than agree to a cancellation.
    • BargainJunky
    • By BargainJunky 6th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 872 Thanks
    BargainJunky
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:37 PM
    Not quite sure what the seller has done but the order has disappeared from my purchase history and is now showing in cancelled items with the status as cancellation pending. They have refunded me from paypal as they say Ebay has a technical bug.

The money is back in my paypal account but I'm not sure what happens to the pending cancellation. What makes me cross is the item I bought is still showing with one available to buy at about 7 more than I paid.

I can still leave feedback but as they are a powerseller I cannot leave negative or neutral feedback for 7 days. If the option is still there after 7 days I may leave my first ever negative or neutral.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Mar 18, 6:41 AM
    • 12,153 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:41 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:41 AM
    Not quite sure what the seller has done but the order has disappeared from my purchase history and is now showing in cancelled items with the status as cancellation pending. They have refunded me from paypal as they say Ebay has a technical bug.

The money is back in my paypal account but I'm not sure what happens to the pending cancellation. What makes me cross is the item I bought is still showing with one available to buy at about 7 more than I paid.

I can still leave feedback but as they are a powerseller I cannot leave negative or neutral feedback for 7 days. If the option is still there after 7 days I may leave my first ever negative or neutral.
    Originally posted by BargainJunky
    The seller is pulling a fast one and trying to cancel without a defect.

I wouldn't bother agreeing the cancellation, if you can you can try to deny it. Sellers like this should not be getting away with this kind of shoddy selling.

Be careful how you word your feedback.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 7th Mar 18, 7:57 AM
    • 60,327 Posts
    • 42,987 Thanks
    soolin
    The seller is pulling a fast one and trying to cancel without a defect.

I wouldn't bother agreeing the cancellation, if you can you can try to deny it. Sellers like this should not be getting away with this kind of shoddy selling.

Be careful how you word your feedback.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    I agree, this is a drop shipper that's been caught out and doesn't want to admit it.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • gemstars
    • By gemstars 7th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 508 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    gemstars
    If they are currently still selling the same item you bought, but claiming they also have none in stock why not just reply querying why this is and that you will have no alternative but to leave bad feedback if they do not honour your purchase with the stock they have?
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 7th Mar 18, 10:32 AM
    • 3,367 Posts
    • 1,919 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    that you will have no alternative but to leave bad feedback
    As a seller, I would never reciprocate favours to a buyer who made threats to damage my reputation.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 7th Mar 18, 10:35 AM
    • 60,327 Posts
    • 42,987 Thanks
    soolin
    If they are currently still selling the same item you bought, but claiming they also have none in stock why not just reply querying why this is and that you will have no alternative but to leave bad feedback if they do not honour your purchase with the stock they have?
    Originally posted by gemstars
    This is a very bad idea, any good seller would easily be able to get that feedback removed as it could easily be argued to be feedback extortion.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 7th Mar 18, 12:54 PM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 3,939 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    I was reading that Ebay Australia is banning drop shipping, especially from Amazon. Not sure how this could be enforced without having buyers report sellers. If it came over to UK would scupper a few sellers.
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 7th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    • 1,830 Posts
    • 1,018 Thanks
    TKPeters
    Its such as shame dropshipping isn't banned on eBay as a whole, I'm sick of pandering to their requests of no invoice / no paperwork.

Last time we ignored their requests & put the invoice & all our advertising in the parcel & gained a new customer.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

357Posts Today

5,084Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin