Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stugall
    • By stugall 5th Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    • 68Posts
    • 6Thanks
    stugall
    PPI upheld, Unfair Relationship 'not assessed'
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    PPI upheld, Unfair Relationship 'not assessed' 5th Mar 18 at 2:44 PM
    Good day folks.

I was surprised and delighted to receive a letter today 'upholding' my PPI complaint and promising a 'redress' cheque on an old loan.

In the letter, it breaks down the amount to be received.

Quick question: can I now ask the bank to ''assess'' the same loan for an ''unfair relationship" which in another column says was ''not assessed'', as I have absolutely no idea what on earth that ''finance speak'' means, but I am sure the great and the good in these matters will!

Thanks!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Mar 18, 2:45 PM
    • 19,350 Posts
    • 20,672 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:45 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 2:45 PM
    No, because the redress will be a full refund.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Mar 18, 3:00 PM
    • 22,465 Posts
    • 12,022 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:00 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:00 PM
    There is no need for Plevin to be considered in successful complaints because there is no more money to refund once a full refund is made.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 5th Mar 18, 3:03 PM
    • 95,773 Posts
    • 63,468 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:03 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 3:03 PM
    Quick question: can I now ask the bank to ''assess'' the same loan for an ''unfair relationship" which in another column says was ''not assessed'', as I have absolutely no idea what on earth that ''finance speak'' means, but I am sure the great and the good in these matters will!
    That only applies to rejected complaints. Not those that are upheld. As an upheld complaint refunds 100% of the premiums paid, there is nothing further to refund.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • JamHig
    • By JamHig 9th Jul 18, 4:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JamHig
    • 9th Jul 18, 4:59 PM
    Pleavin
    • 9th Jul 18, 4:59 PM
    Hi, I was awarded some money under pleavin but my mis-sold ppi claim was not originally upheld.
    I went to ombudsman who upheld my mis-sold ppi.
    Can the bank then deduct the original pleavin payment from the new payment they are paying me for mis sold ppi?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Jul 18, 5:03 PM
    • 19,350 Posts
    • 20,672 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:03 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:03 PM
    Yes, of course.
    • JamHig
    • By JamHig 9th Jul 18, 5:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JamHig
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:06 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:06 PM
    Thought so.....had to check though.
    Thanks for your reply.
    • Nearlyold
    • By Nearlyold 9th Jul 18, 5:07 PM
    • 1,165 Posts
    • 997 Thanks
    Nearlyold
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:07 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 5:07 PM
    Logic would dictate the answer is "Yes" given that an upheld complaint means a refund of all PPI premiums you paid and you have already had a part refund of your premiums to an amount equivalent to the unfair commission element.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

241Posts Today

3,228Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin