PPI upheld, Unfair Relationship 'not assessed'

Options
Good day folks.

I was surprised and delighted to receive a letter today 'upholding' my PPI complaint and promising a 'redress' cheque on an old loan.

In the letter, it breaks down the amount to be received.

Quick question: can I now ask the bank to ''assess'' the same loan for an ''unfair relationship" which in another column says was ''not assessed'', as I have absolutely no idea what on earth that ''finance speak'' means, but I am sure the great and the good in these matters will!

Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, because the redress will be a full refund.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There is no need for Plevin to be considered in successful complaints because there is no more money to refund once a full refund is made.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick question: can I now ask the bank to ''assess'' the same loan for an ''unfair relationship" which in another column says was ''not assessed'', as I have absolutely no idea what on earth that ''finance speak'' means, but I am sure the great and the good in these matters will!

That only applies to rejected complaints. Not those that are upheld. As an upheld complaint refunds 100% of the premiums paid, there is nothing further to refund.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • JamHig
    JamHig Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I was awarded some money under pleavin but my mis-sold ppi claim was not originally upheld.
    I went to ombudsman who upheld my mis-sold ppi.
    Can the bank then deduct the original pleavin payment from the new payment they are paying me for mis sold ppi?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, of course.
  • JamHig
    JamHig Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thought so.....had to check though.
    Thanks for your reply.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Logic would dictate the answer is "Yes" given that an upheld complaint means a refund of all PPI premiums you paid and you have already had a part refund of your premiums to an amount equivalent to the unfair commission element.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure